LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0 - Page 231 - The Planted Tank Forum
 3Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3451 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
Was there yesterday, and I dont see it, maybe sold out.
Its a commonly stocked item and likely be restocked in their next shipment.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3452 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
shloken38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Its a commonly stocked item and likely be restocked in their next shipment.
Good to know! I want to grab some when I go out there with the endlers.
shloken38 is offline  
post #3453 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
If it helps, i can pick some up before heading out to you. its about a 15 min drive from where i live. Just let me know the quantity.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #3454 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
ivan.f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queens | BK
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
If it helps, i can pick some up before heading out to you. its about a 15 min drive from where i live. Just let me know the quantity.
Offtopic but do you happen to know if they're compatible with shrimps? I mean with frys as well?
ivan.f is offline  
post #3455 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 791
If you meant oto, then yes your shrimps are safe with them.
ryu1 is offline  
post #3456 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 03:21 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
ivan.f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queens | BK
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
If you meant oto, then yes your shrimps are safe with them.
I mean pygmy corys.
ivan.f is offline  
post #3457 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 03:44 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC, NY
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan.f View Post
I mean pygmy corys.
Yes, they will be fine.
eeng168 is offline  
post #3458 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Cokers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 311
Has anyone been to the Union Square Petco lately? I'm looking to buy some watersprite and maybe swordtails.
Cokers is offline  
post #3459 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
Passed by Pacific yesterday

Gold neons 3.99 i think
Blue rasboras 5.99 ea i think
CPDs - looked extremely thin and concave
Chili Rasboras $4.99 ea looked extremely starved
Endler hybrids
sterbai cories
long finned albino bristle nose plecos $19.99
Blue Velvet shrimp
Amano shrimp
few cherry shrimp
marbled hatchetfish

plant tank fully stocked

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #3460 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 35
Does anyone know some local stores that sell aquascaping tools? Tongs, extra-long pincers/tweezers, scissors etc.

Eheim Aquastyle 6G
jnelson is offline  
post #3461 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
ivan.f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queens | BK
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson View Post
Does anyone know some local stores that sell aquascaping tools? Tongs, extra-long pincers/tweezers, scissors etc.
So far I've only seen them in Pacific Aquarium atm.
ivan.f is offline  
post #3462 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
shloken38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 782
Just an update on the pygmy cories....they are sold out in NJ as well. Fishtown in Ramsey converted the entire back room to saltwater! Ended up with 2 bumble gobies ($4.99 each) and 2 sparkling gouramis (2 for $7). Also bought nice, big bunches of cabomba for $1.50 each!
shloken38 is offline  
post #3463 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PeterN1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson View Post
Does anyone know some local stores that sell aquascaping tools? Tongs, extra-long pincers/tweezers, scissors etc.
I got my scissors here (can't go wrong for $5.35):

http://www.precisionproducts.us/F604...e-p/f604sc.htm

And for tweezers, McMaster has a good selection, I order tools for work from them all the time, and their warehouse is in Jersey, so you would get things 1-3 days later:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-s...eezers/=n95w9j
PeterN1986 is offline  
post #3464 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by shloken38 View Post
Just an update on the pygmy cories....they are sold out in NJ as well. Fishtown in Ramsey converted the entire back room to saltwater! Ended up with 2 bumble gobies ($4.99 each) and 2 sparkling gouramis (2 for $7). Also bought nice, big bunches of cabomba for $1.50 each!
Score! Pygma, just like chilies seem to be seasonal fish so they will eventually be available in late summer. Im eagerly awaiting for the next opportunity to visit Fishtown in ramsey to see how their main room is redone with fresh water and planted tanks. the were just installing the custom cabinet to a movie prop fish tank that one of their patrons acquired at auction. apparently it came from a new movie starring leonardo dicaprio shot locally. It had massive twin overflows at each corner of the tank. Its worth noting that they have bumped up the variety of shrimp they stock as well as small nano fish. definitely worth visiting if you are in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterN1986 View Post
I got my scissors here (can't go wrong for $5.35):

http://www.precisionproducts.us/F604...e-p/f604sc.htm

And for tweezers, McMaster has a good selection, I order tools for work from them all the time, and their warehouse is in Jersey, so you would get things 1-3 days later:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-s...eezers/=n95w9j
Peter, thanks for sharing the link. plenty of great tools there. my current goto trimmers are these 4" iris scissors: which happen to be in stock at mcmaster

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #3465 of 4210 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
shloken38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Score! Pygma, just like chilies seem to be seasonal fish so they will eventually be available in late summer. Im eagerly awaiting for the next opportunity to visit Fishtown in ramsey to see how their main room is redone with fresh water and planted tanks. the were just installing the custom cabinet to a movie prop fish tank that one of their patrons acquired at auction. apparently it came from a new movie starring leonardo dicaprio shot locally. It had massive twin overflows at each corner of the tank. Its worth noting that they have bumped up the variety of shrimp they stock as well as small nano fish. definitely worth visiting if you are in the area.
I wish they had that stock in when I was there this weekend. They only had 2 or 3 shrimp types in there, and they were expensive! He used to have more in the back, which is all gone now. He didn't have much in the way of nano fish either. I didn't get to talk to Evan because the family was with me, and the little guy was getting cranky....so I had to bolt. I hope after the moving around and stuff that he builds the stock back up.

Absoutely Fish did have chilis, and they looked nice. Can't remember what the price was, although I think they were on the high side ($6.99ea?). They had a BUNCH of other nano fish as well. Might end up being my goto spot for the nano tanks.
shloken38 is offline  
Reply

Tags
apistogramma, nyc stores

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome