The Planted Tank Forum banner

Dog Day Afternoon...(pic heavy)

4K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Xavier10 
#1 · (Edited)
Just sending out some pictures to friends and thought I'd share a few with
you guys too. My dogs definately enjoyed the snow:) Feel free to post any dog/cat pics of your own, I'd love to see them! The puppy is my husbands Mal,Kastar, the black german shepherd is mine, Ace and the last Malinois is Howies Sonny, hopefully going to be competing with him this year and knock out all his Schutzhund titles. My guy has a way to go yet.

Mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it,sorry if it is.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Great pics! Is funny how dogs enjoy snow like we do!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
I love mals...would love one but I am just not active enough :) And shepherds are awesome too.

Not a giant fan of the showbred specimens at all, flying trot my butt, a dog should be able to run and do work! eg. http://i.imgur.com/u32Odca.png this champion right now
Oh gee, don't get me started on the show lines! The GSDCA totally messed the up. They were given 10yrs by the WUSV to get the breed back to what it was and they haven't done it yet...12 years later! I don't see what's pretty about a dog walking on it's hocks, very sad, plus the americans have such poor temperment.
Ha Mali's are not for me either. I like to play with them a bit before they start getting so excited they start biting your coat and everything else they can get their teeth into. Howie always walked Sonny with a jute roll and this guy is about the same. I have to say tho Mali's love their people, they're very sweet mostly.

#12 ·
such awesome photos... they truly are in their element out there.

i wish my dog would consider coming out doors more but when it gets cold, he sort of gives you a look like, oh, do we have to take a walk.... its so coooold... i suppose it doesnt help that he's boney thin and 27lbs. I have to find a doggy coat for an italian grey. poor guy freezes :(

#14 ·
such awesome photos... they truly are in their element out there.

i wish my dog would consider coming out doors more but when it gets cold, he sort of gives you a look like, oh, do we have to take a walk.... its so coooold... i suppose it doesnt help that he's boney thin and 27lbs. I have to find a doggy coat for an italian grey. poor guy freezes :(
We have kennels in the back with dog houses and covered on 3 sides. They live outside all year. They are working dogs with very high drives, they'd wreck a house!
I love Italian grey hounds! Get him a little fleece coat. I saw a greyhound the other day with a coat on. Don't they have very thin skin or something like that, and no undercoat.

#13 ·
I'm with you Albert. My Jack Russell won't go outside in ANY inclement weather! He gets half way out the back door, checks the weather then turns around and comes back inside. My wife made me shovel the backyard Saturday....this after shoveling the front and digging out the vehicle!

#15 ·
I'm with you Albert. My Jack Russell won't go outside in ANY inclement weather! He gets half way out the back door, checks the weather then turns around and comes back inside. My wife made me shovel the backyard Saturday....this after shoveling the front and digging out the vehicle!
I had a golden retriever that wouldn't go out in the rain, he hated it but loved the snow.
Boy you need a snow blower! We did the driveway and the neighbors houses in under an hour.

#19 ·
zzrguy, my Shutzhund club is in old bethpage/plainview, haven't been able to get on the field since the storm. A friend in Coram had so much snow it was 31" at her back door!
Gladly send them over to you for the day,lol, they're getting board!

#22 ·
Hey furnfins nice dog pictures! Looks like they had a blast in the snow! Good luck on the schutzhund :) I did that for a while with my black GSD girl before switching over to agility. She is a good tracking dog too! My other dog is a black Lab pup and they both had a fun time charging around int he snow last week :)

#23 ·
Hey furnfins nice dog pictures! Looks like they had a blast in the snow! Good luck on the schutzhund :) I did that for a while with my black GSD girl before switching over to agility. She is a good tracking dog too! My other dog is a black Lab pup and they both had a fun time charging around int he snow last week :)
ThanksSaxtonhill:) Who did you train for Schutzhund with? It's a fun and time consuming sport,lol, and you have to have the right trainer for it. Haha, lucky me I live with the training director;) My husbands been training dogs for over 30 yrs. I have a friend that's been doing agility with her gsd's and her Jack Russel. She also does Schutzhund with her female GS,dual sport dog. We usually go to the Staten Island Companion dog Club's agility trial,lots of fun! They always borrow our blinds for some kind of temperment test every other year. Have you done any AKC tracking with your dog? You could also do Sch. 1,2,3 tracks for titles if you're interested in going that way and then an FH. Good luck with Agility, love to meet you one day if you're competing at SICDC.

#26 ·
Hehe....thanks! That pic is a few months old. The dog follows him around everywhere. There was one point where every picture we took of the little guy, the dog was in the background every time. Little Timothy is a year and a half now. He and Gizmo run around the house all the time. It's pretty awesome how he took to the baby like that.

#27 ·
I think it's so nice when dog and child interact like that. It's very sweet:)
They're best buddies. My daughter was 2 when I got a golden retriever. She used to
play with him all day, dress him up and have tea parties with him, best friends while
her big brother was in school.

#28 ·
That's great! And it is awesome when they have that connection. My 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter are close with him too. And even though I don't spend a lot of time with the dog, he gets soooooo excited when I get home from work every day. As soon as I walk through the door, he goes nuts running around the house for 10 minutes straight! It's hilarious....I have Pergo flooring, so he slides around the turns without slowing down. And when the little guy gets in the way, he literally jumps right over him! It never gets old hahaha.

#33 ·
Sorry RBP917 never saw your question, been kinda busy the last few months.
Hmmm a Malinois is a dog that never stops, they love their people and most will take to strangers if they're socialized correctly when young. Our Sonny is a big sweet heart, he loves everyone including other dogs. But they are good for an active family, hikers, bikers, runners etc. They need to work and must be crated in the house until trained properly. And stay away from AKC always look for a working line litter, they haven't been ruined yet in the working lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.