WTB: Plants/Fish/Shrimp/Snails - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
WTB: Plants/Fish/Shrimp/Snails

What's up everyone. I just got back in the hobby around a month or two ago and I have a Fluval Spec V up and running. I have some plants, but I still want more. Right now I have a tiger nerite and a otocinclus in there.

I am running pressurized CO2 with a 16" Finnex Fugeray. For substrate I have dirt covered with tahitian moon sand. I'm planning on dosing Flourish occasionally and maybe Excel, but that might be too much.

I'm from CNJ, but I'm willing to travel to the city in order to pick up the things I want from you guys.

For plants:
I'm looking for 5-10 stems of two different types of medium light stems. Maybe some kind of Ludwigia and Rotala.
1 Anubias Nana petite plant
a few small stems of HC just to try it out. Maybe like a .5x.5" patch
some stems of HM

For fish:
I'm opened up to nano fish suggestions, but right now I'm looking for 7-8 least killifish or 2 peacock gudgeons

For shrimp:
10 cherry shrimp or some other inexpensive shrimp.

For snails:
1 olive nerite
malaysian trumpet snails

I just blew $255 on textbooks for the semester so I'm trying to save as much money as possible by picking up. If you have some or all of the things I want please let me know! I may even be willing to travel up to Queens.

Eheim Pimp #351, Classic 2213.
Finnex Schuber Wright 9g Journal

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
Not sure how far away it would be for you, but MsJinzd has many small fish. http://msjinkzd.com/stocklist/
She's in York, NJ but also ships.
There are a bunch of stores in NJ that have interesting plants and fish, check out the tri-state list of stores that should be in the first few pgs on this NY sub forum. Tri-State (NY-NJ-CT) LFS [Grading system added] & CO2 directory
Cherry shrimp cam be bought from Win Aquarium (address also in list of stores) (chinatown, ny) for $2 each. They are usually nicely colored red-almost Sakura.

Nikon Pimp #41
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Actually, I can hook you up with red cherry shrimp and malaysian trumpet snails for cheap. Where in NJ are you?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
I've got Ludwigia repent x arcuata and star grass if you're interested. I'm in lower manhattan.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
PMs replied. Anyone else?

Eheim Pimp #351, Classic 2213.
Finnex Schuber Wright 9g Journal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode