The Planted Tank Forum banner

LFS Livestock Watch Thread

5K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  haterr 
#1 ·
When visiting a Local Fish Shop (LFS), consider posting exotic stock finds or deals which may interest our community members.

Try your best to include the Shop (location), species, price and quantity.

WTB: feel free to post items you are currently shopping for so others can look for you.

#2 ·
=================================================

WIN - Amanos $2.50 ea, half a dozen available
- German Balloon Rams $6.99 ea just arrived on mon. 2 dozen available
- now carrying Moss. No price posted.

Petco14st - Blueberry shrimp $4.00 ea , about 5 left

#4 ·
We already have a similar thread going, the New York City LFS update. Another one would just be redundant.
Yes and no. I kind of like the idea of a "Looking for/WTB Thread" as opposed to the general "this is what so and so has", even though it is somehwat covered in the LFS Thread. this give people a specific idea of what people are looking for.

#8 ·
True, but it is already saving us some gas money and time. Plus the stores that stock some hard to find stuff deserve little advertisement. We wanna make sure they stay in business.

woot and that was my 400 post , for a quiet guy like me that's an achievement, lol.

#14 ·
Well said Albert. And I agree. Sometimes a little re-wording or a slight change to the contents can result in a total rehash of a thread. I like the idea of of the WTB. And also throwing in just the idea of including prices and quantity will result in everyone being a little more observing when at the LFS. Quantity alone helps because this kind of gives someone a timeframe as to whether or not they should head out to the store.

I like it!!

#18 ·
Oh man.....I wish I would have known before yesterday. The Petsmart by my house stocks both, $5 and $7 respectively. And this particular Petsmart has healthy livestock. The guy who runs the department used to own a fish store and really knows his stuff.

Maybe we can arrange something for next weekend. Let me know.

#36 ·
Win was open yesterday. It was hard to tell but I thought I picked up a pair of GBRs. Might be both females. They still had one or two left for 8.50 each. They also had Electric Blue Rams for 15 each. They also had killifish (I forgot which kind) for 4.50 each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.