Ug - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 AM
I v(^o^)v shrimp
 
jimmytruong87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York City, NY
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Utricularia graminifolia!
thx
jimmytruong87 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Woodhaven
Posts: 201
I think you should sell one portion of that to Ryu Genius. I believe he will be interested especially for that price. He's also the thread starter =P.
Congee is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Planted Member
 
rollinghills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york, new york
Posts: 167
I got mine from this website for $12 for a small pill bag of these. Not a lot. Shipping is $10. I think you can order as much as they can stuff it in a Priority box for $10. I ordered some soil and plants and the shipping was still $10. Took 2 days to get here.

It's under Bladderworts

http://www.carnivorousplantnursery.c...ge=estore.html
rollinghills is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
plantbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The swamp
Posts: 13,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinghills View Post
I got mine from this website for $12 for a small pill bag of these. Not a lot. Shipping is $10. I think you can order as much as they can stuff it in a Priority box for $10. I ordered some soil and plants and the shipping was still $10. Took 2 days to get here.

It's under Bladderworts

http://www.carnivorousplantnursery.c...ge=estore.html
A few folks got it here locally from them, it was pretty pathetic.

Regards,
Tom Barr
plantbrain is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
plantbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The swamp
Posts: 13,609
My 3x3" is about 50 of the CP plant web site portions according to a couple of local members here.

So 50X 12(not including shipping)= 600$ vs 40$, hardly "a deal".
You can see how dense the mat of sod is, this can cover a large area if you take plugs and replant.
Emergent growth will never get this dense.












Regards,
Tom Barr
plantbrain is offline  
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
pejerrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 1,934
Why is this so expensive ? Can you smoke it or something? Lol!


A heavily planted shrimp tank is possible!
pejerrey is offline  
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
sunyang730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,195
OMG Geniusdudekiran you are coming to NY? You think you can bring some wabi kusa sample with you. LOL you still didn't tell me how you make the soil ball!!!!



Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!
sunyang730 is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
sunyang730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejerrey View Post
Why is this so expensive ? Can you smoke it or something? Lol!
Because it is rare. LOL and you see how people are looking for it?

And Chris I thought you don't UG!! LOLOLOL

Everyone love my UG after seeing my tank

I also heard that UG will eat those small ugly worms. LOLOL Hope they do.



Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!
sunyang730 is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 01:35 PM
TÝrŰd ─▀ˇűt ╦σ R╔├ÝrŰ.
 
JoraaĐ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At Home!!!
Posts: 5,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejerrey View Post
Why is this so expensive ? Can you smoke it or something? Lol!
Ha ha Ha!!

Cheers!!!
¬J
"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near."
JoraaĐ is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
Any tips on growing this plant?

I hear its pretty sensative stuff so transitioning from emersed to submersed would definitely have heavy impact or risk of melting no?

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
sunyang730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Any tips on growing this plant?

I hear its pretty sensative stuff so transitioning from emersed to submersed would definitely have heavy impact or risk of melting no?
This is what I do to all my plants. First week I will have full CO2 to yellow on the drop checker. After that I will lower the CO2 to light green. Now it is in dark green and they are growing very nice



Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!
sunyang730 is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyang730 View Post
OMG Geniusdudekiran you are coming to NY? You think you can bring some wabi kusa sample with you. LOL you still didn't tell me how you make the soil ball!!!!
Aw man, I'm already on my way! I would have definitely brought you one! Sorry, I don't give away how I make them exactly because I make money off of them . How about this though, because I just missed this, when I get back, I'll sell you one with free shipping.

I am bringing two 2"x2" patches with me to NYC. One is sold already. What I'm doing is accepting Paypal payment and then leaving the UG in a padded envelope at the from desk of the Grand Hyatt for pickup. It'll be hard to meet up with me being with family and everything, so this will be easiest.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
sunyang730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Aw man, I'm already on my way! I would have definitely brought you one! Sorry, I don't give away how I make them exactly because I make money off of them . How about this though, because I just missed this, when I get back, I'll sell you one with free shipping.

I am bringing two 2"x2" patches with me to NYC. One is sold already. What I'm doing is accepting Paypal payment and then leaving the UG in a padded envelope at the from desk of the Grand Hyatt for pickup. It'll be hard to meet up with me being with family and everything, so this will be easiest.
I see!!! Do you have like a picture of the soil ball or is that a secret too? LOLOL



Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!
sunyang730 is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 805
Yeah, Tom make it happen, ship it out to me today pls, so I can get it by fri or Sat. I will be showing the world your portion size, lol, but I am sure you won't disappoint.
ryu1 is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
HybridHerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 3,892
wait, so is anyone wanting to split an order from tom or anything? lol I'm going to, (eventually) be ordering some stuff from tom (probably after christmas time) and I'd be very much okay with splitting a bit of this (because I doubt I need even a full portion).

ugh, one day, when I have more money, I'll probably just ask tom for one of everything XD

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:http://tinyurl.com/n7zp47m
My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:http://tinyurl.com/qyf7s5o
My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:http://tinyurl.com/p54uupj
Mom's Spec V:http://tinyurl.com/qjt3rw2
HybridHerp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome