The Planted Tank Forum banner

Swap Meet on Sunday 11/11/12

23K views 444 replies 32 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Theme for this meet: Ferts!

Met at LES and walking to the 5 LFS in the area.

More photos here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.125229287631979&type=1

Start point at Pacific Aquarium on Delancy @ 2:30pm

Pacific aquarium, 123 aquarium, 38 aquarium, Win tropical and Aquastar on the tour route. We are still looking for indoor options on where to swap.

At this meet, the theme will be dosing. Anyone who's able to help put together sample packets to share great. Due to the short time and the other tours of late, i'm not sure if i can order and pack all this stuff to distribute as i had in the past for the clay and floaters so i'd ask if some of the other forum members can help out here or step up to help.

Been thinking of holding a raffle for a prize. Maybe we can sell tickets for $.25 - $3 depending on the value of the prize and number of people attending. drawing to be conducted by a random stranger passer by out of a hat or bag. Any interest, please speak up. could be anything like a bottle of prime, ferts, or anything people may want to contribute.

As always, the invitation is extended to everyone who has expertise or interest in the hobby or just like pretty fishes and shrimp. Murderers and hooligans need not apply.

See less See more
#56 ·
Is jeally. Have you ever been to Cha-An?

My tank is [hopefully] cycling right now and has a heater installed. I'll be getting the filter (Azoo) and a bunch of plants by Sunday (courtesy of Calvin). I just hope Sandy lets us go home before she rages.

By the way, feel free to address me as Eve.

#61 · (Edited)
New people yay! Hiiiii! HUGS!

I meant details on ferts, Albert! You guys don't want to hear about how stupid me went back to work too early, lol. You know, AGAIN.

But I am reading the details and ... uh. Because I don't use KNO3 I can't make up the macro solution. Whoops.

I do have extra KH2PO4 and Miller microplex. So, for instance, I can offer 20 or 40 gram packets of the Miller for those who want to try it out instead of CSM+B for trace elements, to be added to 500 mL or 1 L of water (advised to add a little Excel/Metricide or keep in refrigerator to prevent mold). The extra phosphorus can be weighed out for anyone who wants some.

Flo (is that right?), if you're talking about the powdered calcium carbonate for reptiles, I use it to raise water hardness. It only makes the water cloudy for a few hours, unless I dump in too much, and even then it's clear by morning. With my particular tap water, it will also raise pH along with KH and GH. So use with caution, but I like it better than adding different KH and GH boosters that will also add sulfates and sodium to my tank. (I am going to try and find a source of potassium bicarbonate, actually, which would be awesome as bicarb seems to get sucked out of my tank like whoa.)

I have one liter bag plus drip line up for grabs, and one 250 mL bag plus drip line. Nice for doing drip acclimation.

From looking at aokashi's beautiful tanks, it's clear to me now that I need more plants. :/ So I am in the market for large quantities of water sprite. It seems to be the one thing that really does well in my goldfish tank, yet is not illegal for me to own.

That's pretty much all I have to offer, other than large quantities of mixed duckweed. Will start pm-spamming peeps whose goodies I want soon!

#64 ·
I was assuming it would grow quickly, I got some from Matt, too! Not quickly enough. I'm hoping that if I stuff the goldfish tank, it will start sucking up more of the excess nitrogen Dart produces. Got enough to fill a 20 gallon tank? That's roughly the amount I'm looking for ...

#71 ·
All the ferts have been mixed!
Now I just have to get the bottles.
If you left the ferts as dry and put portions into bottles to let everyone add distilled water themselves it would be a lighter load to carry.

I might have a lot of baby water sprite. Ive been tossing em really. And the broadleaf one szenic gave me is going insane. so much growth. so..much...trimming back to do...

The calcium might be somewhat worthwhile if it raises kH,gH,pH... not that I'm gunna bother much anyway but >_> I have a whole jar full.
Don't toss... share :)

I have a 5lb tub of KNO3...just saying if anyone needs any speak up now.
i think it would be useful bring moreso for this meet since its all about Ferts at this meet!

#66 ·
I might have a lot of baby water sprite. Ive been tossing em really. And the broadleaf one szenic gave me is going insane. so much growth. so..much...trimming back to do...

The calcium might be somewhat worthwhile if it raises kH,gH,pH... not that I'm gunna bother much anyway but >_> I have a whole jar full.

#72 ·
I don't have much to offer but here it goes:

- Aqueon 5.5g with a small leak in a corner. It's been subject to the elements for a good year or so. If anyone wants it, feel free to have it. If you want to just pick it up, that's fine too.

- 10 gal tank divider by Penn Plax, box included.

- Marina .5 betta bowl w/ one Nutrafin package of Betta flakes, Nutrafin Betta plus, Betta Plus water treatment.

** If anyone does/is interested in oil painting, I have A LOT of supplies. PM me for those.

#74 ·
Also it will be more accurate to once the powders are in solution, you're not guaranteed an even distribution when you mix solids. I will leave mine dry since it is not a mixture.

I am getting water sprite from celaeno via Albert, but will gladly pick up more. Then I can do the same to the shrimp tank and the quarantine tub. Hmm, I should find some KMnO4 ... otherwise they will get bleach dipped and I hate monkeying with bleach.

#87 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.