The Planted Tank Forum banner

Swap Meet on Sunday 11/11/12

23K views 444 replies 32 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Theme for this meet: Ferts!

Met at LES and walking to the 5 LFS in the area.

More photos here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.125229287631979&type=1

Start point at Pacific Aquarium on Delancy @ 2:30pm

Pacific aquarium, 123 aquarium, 38 aquarium, Win tropical and Aquastar on the tour route. We are still looking for indoor options on where to swap.

At this meet, the theme will be dosing. Anyone who's able to help put together sample packets to share great. Due to the short time and the other tours of late, i'm not sure if i can order and pack all this stuff to distribute as i had in the past for the clay and floaters so i'd ask if some of the other forum members can help out here or step up to help.

Been thinking of holding a raffle for a prize. Maybe we can sell tickets for $.25 - $3 depending on the value of the prize and number of people attending. drawing to be conducted by a random stranger passer by out of a hat or bag. Any interest, please speak up. could be anything like a bottle of prime, ferts, or anything people may want to contribute.

As always, the invitation is extended to everyone who has expertise or interest in the hobby or just like pretty fishes and shrimp. Murderers and hooligans need not apply.

See less See more
#233 ·
I'll be bringing 40 g packets of Miller Microplex (trace element mix) for $1.50 each. That should be the right amount to add to 500 mL of water to make up the micro solution for PPS Pro; the solution is prone to growing mold, so it's recommended to keep it in the refrigerator or add some Seachem Excel or Metricide to the solution. Or you can dose it dry.

I will also have several of the IV drip sets available for anyone who wants them for drip acclimation.

If anyone wants monopotassium phosphate, PM me by Saturday night, otherwise I won't bring it.

I can handle collecting donations for the NY Aquarium. It looks simple enough to donate via the internet and I know lots of people I can pester for help if I can't figure it out right away. May I suggest that raffle tickets be $10, multiple tickets ok if people want to donate more? And if people can't make the meet, they can paypal me [chibikaie at gmail.com], but it has to be by around 10 am Sunday morning so that I'll know what names to add to the raffle. My cell phone service can be a little wonky.

I had to get wee wee pads, so I snapped a pic of the 2.5 glass tank that I can put up for raffle if I can figure out how to post it. My hands were full and I was in a rush, so I don't have it in hand, but I expect to within the next 26 hours ;) so in other words, I'm hoping we can have two prizes, this nano and Calvin's Spec. Yes/no? Other offers?

#243 ·
Bring lots of newspaper for insulation. I remember buying some fish from Win in the middle of winter. Well below 30 degrees. All I did was wrap the bags my fish were in with several layers of newspaper and placed them into my bag. Took about 2 hours to get from the LES to Bellerose via mass transit. All of the fish did fine. You could always bring a styrofoam box with some shredded newspaper as well.

#251 · (Edited)
http://www.facebook.com/events/128396730644834/

Items that i can bring if of interest:
Cabomba caroliniana Green
Cabomba furcata (C. piauhyensis) Red
Myriophyllum Mattogrossense
[STRIKE]scud cultures (15+ adults)[/STRIKE]
Java moss two golf balls
Freeze dried brine shrimp
Yourfishfood Betta bites samples
Yourfishfood Super soft spirulina pellet food
Malaysian trumpet snails. can likely have 3 packs of 10.
Frogbit floaters . 3 small packs
salvinia floaters . 4 small packs
repashy soilent green - sample packs or larger portions for purchase.

Going through a mountain of PMs on swap stuff. Here are items that i am bringing for people/swap:
bettausa - scuds
ecotanker - scuds, MTS, (for red myrio / lesser killi fish)
aokashi - h.formosas
aznrice247 - (co2 tank pickup from eastbrunswicknj)
chibikaie - wisteria (java ferns if she has any to spare)
cprash - ramshorns, mts, frogbit (trading Ebi-Ken Ei baby shrimp food, microbe special blend)
eeng168 - osmocote and salvinia
Fuze - plants for his new tank: Cabomba, Myriophyllum mattogrossense, baby Wisteria (trading for willow moss / kno3)
sonicpath - golden pearl 300-500 micron (again, left in Ed's bag last time sorry)
szenic - earthworm flake samples and new pack of YFS Super Soft Krill
vivadawolf - $ (various tetras, empty capsules)

#254 ·
Albert - am I still buying the krill pellets and getting the earthworm flake sample?

Attendance list (add yourself)

1. aokashi
2. Congee
3. chibikaie
4. cprash
5. tee hee xD
6. szenic
7. Fuze
8. acitydweller - lucky number 8 ;)
ah yes. sorry jen. i actually packed those in a box first . out of sight out of mind. im going to start catching the scuds tonight because they are just much faster now that they are grown up and significantly larger than the earlier cultures i had given out. will give you all plenty of shrimpy babies very very soon. lol.

#258 ·
I got some PVC pipe for shrimp caving if anyone is interested. I still got the UGF from azoo and no one ask me for that. I also got a scissor and a tweezer that I don't want and would like to give alway.

For plants, it was a week later so I actually trim them and throw them out already :/ will have some more for the next swapmeet I hope, or if anyone is interested you can let me know and I will keep you on the list when my plant grown.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194911

here is my tank.

I also got some low grade CRS, low grade CBS, Supreme red that I would like to sell or trade.

Price for CRS + CBS $2.50
Price for Supreme $2.50

I am trying to get them out of my tank so I can focus on my PRL. LOL

Let me know what you have and we can deal this out. :)

(I know this is a fert meeting but all i got is this~)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.