The Planted Tank Forum banner

Brooklyn Aquarium Society 10/12

18K views 218 replies 28 participants last post by  furnfins 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to this. I don't actually need anything, but at the last Big Auction they had repashy and Yourfishstuff vendors and I stocked up on food. Cheap. Besides, I'll be downtown that evening anyway, so I might as well.

Of course if you want to take bets that I come home with something that swims or scuttles, I can't blame you.

I'm no acitydweller, but I figured I'd see if anyone was interested and then, if so, if they want to swap anything.[STRIKE] I have work earlier that day, so I probably won't be bringing livestock, but I can do plants.[/STRIKE]I'm taking off that day, so let me know if you want;

Baby albino bristlenose plecos,
H. formosa fry (I don't have a jillion anymore, but I can spare a few)
Assassin snails
Other snails, the kind that breed out of control if you let them
Watersprite
Java moss
Java fernlets
Various floaters
I have other plants but I either forgot or never knew what they were called, one of these days I should have one of you plant experts over to ID them for me.

I forgot to mention that these auctions usually have awesome deals on tanks. Savvy buyers are used to paying a dollar a gallon on craigslist or Petco, but I've seen tanks with wooden stands and hoods go for less than that at these auctions.

For the sake of full disclosure, it is a trek to get there. There is free parking though, for those of you who drive.

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#102 ·
I have one more scud pack with about 20 semi adults available if anyones interested.

Bringing a second pack for jellie to the auction as well.

Will pack food samples, including freeze dried brine this time to share.

If heartnet is coming, I'll bring the krib to join your krib family, as long as I can catch him. He's been elusive past the few times

#113 ·
yep. its like $10 a year for a basic membership. i went bronze for the larger inbox. my first ROAK clobbered my inbox so it became a practical upgrade.. if you click on the supporter link under my name, you'll see the details. There are perks, of which i use very little of but it helps keep the site going i suppose.

I think scuds are fine to keep but i dont like how they are copulating 24x7. even when i catch them, they cant take a break from it. again, dunno if its the mojo in the tank or just the scud nature... im looking forward to the aquarium on friday. havent been there in ages.

#132 ·
The auction probably won't end till midnight or later. Some of them
have gone on till 1am, good deals the later you stay.

If you do park in the main lot during the day to see the aquarium, just move your car over so you won't have to walk back out to the other lot, don't know if they close that one after a certain time.

#131 · (Edited)
If you are going to the Auction you don't pay for parking. It is not in the Aquarium proper, you drive in and go to the right down a little hill and to your left. There is a white trailer and that's where the meetings are. However if you are going to the Aquarium in the afternoon I'm sure they charge you for that, and it's straight up to the left. You might be able to find street parking on the outside at that time. The block in front and further up along the outside of the boardwalk,across from the park is usually pretty good. I have found parking there many times. They won't let you in to the auction before 7:30pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.