General Chat - Talk about anything! - Page 68 - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1006 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
you would be amazed at how far amanos can travel out of water.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1007 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
aokashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
you would be amazed at how far amanos can travel out of water.
I'm scared. D: why didn't anyone tell me this earlier T_T

found him....


poor thing. I guess he made his way up the lucky bamboo sticking out of the tank T_T

So I'm not sure if the water params were out of whack or he really rebelled because I didnt feed the community for 1 day....

The rcs still seem happy
aokashi is offline  
post #1008 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
im sorry

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #1009 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
aokashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,511
I actually found him in the ziplocbag. guess he was trying to conserve some moisture when he figured out he would die T_T so tragic
aokashi is offline  
post #1010 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
do you leave random bags on the floor or did he manage to crawl into the box of ziplock bags and crawl in one... if it was the later, i'd have to tip my hat to amanos for their persistence.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #1011 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
aokashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
do you leave random bags on the floor or did he manage to crawl into the box of ziplock bags and crawl in one... if it was the later, i'd have to tip my hat to amanos for their persistence.
I had a random bag on the floor under my tanks from trying to bag something...

Lol. If he wanted a new bag, he'll need to find his way from my room into the kitchen, climb up to the drawer. open the drawer and climb into a bag oO
aokashi is offline  
post #1012 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
VivaDaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 845
Um..at work petco atm...power just went out...ho hum....
VivaDaWolf is offline  
post #1013 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
aokashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaDaWolf View Post
Um..at work petco atm...power just went out...ho hum....
D: oh noes
aokashi is offline  
post #1014 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC, NY
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Fish View Post
You check your GH, KH, and PH?
Checked everything today and the two tanks, the problem tank with the orange and a small 2.5 with pfr in them.

All parameters were the same! The 2.5 with the root tabs in there is at 1.5-2 for phosphate while the problem tank was at 1. Other than that, everything was the same.

If anyone sees me looking for shrimp other than pfr, don't sell it to me. LOL
eeng168 is offline  
post #1015 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeng168 View Post
Checked everything today and the two tanks, the problem tank with the orange and a small 2.5 with pfr in them.

All parameters were the same! The 2.5 with the root tabs in there is at 1.5-2 for phosphate while the problem tank was at 1. Other than that, everything was the same.

If anyone sees me looking for shrimp other than pfr, don't sell it to me. LOL
what was the PH/GH/KH?

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #1016 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 820
A random question (didn't want to create a thread out of it): does anyone know if petco/petsmart carry substrate? Like maybe eco-complete or flourite??
Option is offline  
post #1017 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 562
Ugh. Missed a water change due to getting back so late and feeling sick from the storm, was going to do it this morning but then had to run around like crazy because my big rabbit also decided to get sick so I had to pack her up to take her to the vet - did it just now and ARGH. I can arrest the development if I do the daily poop vacuum. Miss a day and it starts to encroach again. I need to do a bigger water change, I think. I should just get the water change hose even if I only use it to refill the tank after draining it. Running around with a two gallon bucket is NOT cutting it.

Spec, hope yours is doing better. I wonder if I should add melafix now, it's bacteriostatic ...
chibikaie is offline  
post #1018 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
aokashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibikaie View Post
Ugh. Missed a water change due to getting back so late and feeling sick from the storm, was going to do it this morning but then had to run around like crazy because my big rabbit also decided to get sick so I had to pack her up to take her to the vet - did it just now and ARGH. I can arrest the development if I do the daily poop vacuum. Miss a day and it starts to encroach again. I need to do a bigger water change, I think. I should just get the water change hose even if I only use it to refill the tank after draining it. Running around with a two gallon bucket is NOT cutting it.

Spec, hope yours is doing better. I wonder if I should add melafix now, it's bacteriostatic ...
Maybe you should plant it with inedible plants.... like anubias and giant swords and stuff...
aokashi is offline  
post #1019 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Neatfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 2,021
Neatfish is offline  
post #1020 of 1382 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I'm scared. D: why didn't anyone tell me this earlier T_T

found him....


poor thing. I guess he made his way up the lucky bamboo sticking out of the tank T_T

So I'm not sure if the water params were out of whack or he really rebelled because I didnt feed the community for 1 day....

The rcs still seem happy

RIP shrimpie explorer! Your next incarnation will be Honey Badger!
SpecGrrl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome