The Planted Tank Forum banner

Local tanks

13K views 127 replies 26 participants last post by  Bluek24a4 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll start a thread for our local hobbyists as some of us with MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) find it difficult to keep so many journals.

This is my main planted tank. Started dosing two weeks ago with pfertz. CO2 under consideration.

20g planted

Filtration: Aquaclear 110 & 70
Substrate: Eco-complete
Flora:
Large Crypts [Monsterfish]
Java ferns
cabomba
red bamboo
dwarf sag which gets mowed every other week
Myrio Mattogroense [jellie]
Anubia

Fauna:
Celestial pearl danios [Mrbrongher]
Cardinals
Saimese algae eaters
Bushy nose albino pleco [Mrbrongher]
Vampire shrimp
Blueberry shrimp
Fire red shrimp
Panda Cory
Otos
Nerites

to be continued...

Shrimp tank

Painted fire reds

Fire reds from Jimko

16g Cadlight Wild Neo tank

Flourite black, Various anubias, dwarf lily, Amazon Sword from PTR, Pothos from Jellie

------------------------
Dwarf Crayfish tank

Cambarellus shufeldtii (Cajun Dwarf Crayfish)
Cambarellus Patzcuarensis sp. Orange (CPO)

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#5 ·
You have to see his tank in person. I almost cried... Twice... Lol

He's got an awesome setup. Don't want to steal his thunder ;)
It also difficult to appreciate the livestock living within from just the photos. It was like information overload staring in with stunning colors and life everywhere. His care and tasteful selection on livestock are clearly evident.

I'm going to have to do something with my foreground as it has been over run by swap meet garnish ;)

#14 ·
Yea those assassin snails completely cover my tank right now...not as hard to remove as nerites but..ugh still

Heres the main tank, I took these photos in august, so its changed slightly..I just took out most of the stem things in the front so its a lot emptier/cleaner. And my cyperus died, very sad...would like to have some sorta carpet but its pretty low light down there, the crypts spread veeeery sloooowly.

heres the room tank...looks diff now too, took the wood out.. its just messy messy messy ugly.

#16 · (Edited)
For the big one, its because the tank has a hole drilled in it, used to lead to a sump right underneath but its apparently leaky. So I only fill it up to below it. I actually wanted to turn the hole into the intake for my filter if possible but that involved effort, a visit to home depot and...more effort? Its nice though because I have pennywort growing up from the water that way.

For the 20..well... evaporation. Laziness. Ahem. I keep open tops so it drops pretty fast.

edit:
V that would be cool! Its funny, all the plants on the bottom grow soooo slowly, but if they ever manage to hit the upper half- they start growing like crazy.

#20 ·
I am still working on it. Need to attach the java moss to part of the driftwood and rockwork. Also will be adding Anubias Nana Petite.

Current set-up:

Equipment:
20 Gallon Long
Nova Extreme SLR T-5 30" x 5.5" 48 Watt Freshwater Light Fixture
Aqueon Quiet Flow 30 Filter (Extra carbon to be added)
40 LBS of Eco-Complete Substrate
Drift Wood
Some rock
5 LB. CO2 Tank w/regulator and solenoid

Plants:
3) Anubias
1) Cryptocoryne Wendtii
8+) Cyperus helferi(?)
Java Moss
Salvinia (Most likely will be getting rid of it)

Fish/Shrimp:
None yet, but will keep Rasbora's, pygmy corydoras and Celestial Pearl Danios

Attachments

#22 ·
I am not crazy about java moss... I have it because I plan on having shrimp and because I don't have anything else at the moment. But I plan to keep it where I can control it. I am looking at a few options and want to have a combination of anubias nana petite and Hemianthus Callitrichoides.

Alfred

#29 ·
Everyone's tanks are beautiful!!! wish mine were as nice. I'm posting a pic of my 40b, the 75g needs an overhaul right now. this is the very beginning and then one from last night and my new little sparkling gourami.the second pic will have to go in another post, can't get another attachment on.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.