Calico molly fry - in need of new homes! - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mollies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Calico molly fry - in need of new homes!

Hi all,

This is my first post, hope it comes through. We have 50+ molly fry in a very happy, 40 gallon planted tank and I'm trying to find some of them new homes, as the tank is getting crowded. Our family lives in Westchester County, NY and I'm hoping to trade/donate with anyone who lives within an hour's drive so I can manage to re-home these fish without having to ship them.

I would post in RAOK but have never shipped fish and really wanted to try local.

Am posting a photo of one of the calico fry (orange with black spots and a white belly), and its mother (also calico). The calico ones are two months old and about 1 to 1.25 inches long. We also have silver fry but will wait till they're older to trade or donate them.

If you have any tips for how to rehome molly fry please share them! Our LFS will take some, but the tanks there are small and bare...was hoping to find a hobbiest to take them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calicobaby.jpg (83.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg moms.jpg (152.1 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Algae Grower

I want to say yes, but my tank is a little crowded now, and I'm about 2 months away from having my other 29g ready. Maybe we could trade something in a few months. My daughter has some berried cherry shrimp, should be ready in 2 months to trade, lol. Good luck with finding a home!

Joe
Northern Westchester, NY
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Joe, that could work! I'll check back with you in a couple months. Some of the newborn fry would be big enough by then to see what color they are. We do have a batch of 25+ golden panda molly fry. We'll be moving the male molly to another tank soon, but at this rate (4 batches of fry, 4 female mollies) there will certainly be many different colors to choose from.

We are interested in your daughter's shrimp, as we don't currently have any.

best, Emily
Joe7cri likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode