The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 10 Gallon Journal - "Betta Haven", my first planted tank
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks a lot for the compliments guys. I'm glad you'll liked it. If you have any suggestions for the background/stems for my low-tech setup do let me know. I just finished moving my tank to my new place. It was quite a bit of work but was made easier by this contraption I made a few weeks ago:

I drained out 80% of the water in the tank and got all the betta girls out. The 3 otos were left in there. It worked quite well for the purposes of moving and made life a lot easier for me. I'll keep this thread updated.

Female bettas can be kept together (called a sorority tank) although it requires some care and effort to ensure a working sorority. The girls can be aggressive towards each other but having plenty of cover in the tank for them to hide in along with enough numbers (atleast 6-8) helps things remain peaceful. I would refer you to this informative thread on keeping sorority tanks:

Male bettas on the other hand are extremely aggressive and should never be kept together. Males are aggreassive to both other males and females.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome