#1 ·
there's a new planted only aquarium store in NJ;

Ridgewood Aquarium Imports

Carries ADA and Do!Aqua brands

over 100 species of plants in stock

Ridgewood Aquarium Imports 10 S broad St Ridgewood NJ 07450

(201)857-8300 www.ridgewoodaquariumimports.com

#5 ·
Went yesterday after work, drove an hour and they were closed... Had a paper sign on the door saying they were out for an install until 6pm. I would think that they have at least one employee to keep the store open. So I suggest call before you make the journey all the way there. I might go back this weekend , the curiosity of an ADA store is too much for me to pass up

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

#6 ·
i am a newb to the world pf planted tanks even though i have had one for a while i dont know much about them...
My friend lives in ridgewood and told me about the store. i stopped by and chatted with the guys for a while. they were friendly and patient with me... some nice stuff in house and its a cool for some one like me who has 8 tanks of cichlids and shrimp to see this other side of the hobby

#21 ·
thanks Shloken38.

i also looked them up on Yelp... for reference.

I hope its worth the trip to justify the gas and toll charges. :)

No problem.....if you don't feel your trip is justified, you can continue another 10 minutes up Route 17 to Fishtown USA in Ramsey. That SHOULD make your trip worthwile. Pretty good selection there at reasonable prices. I know they just got a HUGE plant shipment in this past Friday. I was sick, so couldn't make the trip!:mad: Going to try and make it out there this weekend.....

Oh, and Blue Laws do bite the big one!!! They were designed, supposedly, to reduce traffic in the area for residents in said area to have the freedom to travel without hassle on their day off. Whatever......

#24 ·
I've been to the store twice, and I can say the people here are super friendly and accommodating. I picked up a few items from them already, and if you are looking for ADA stuff, this is the go to place on the East Coast.

There is LFS and then there is high quality. They just got started, so give them time to stock up.

Since they just started, I would definitely give them a call to make sure they have what you need before making a long trek. If you are local, drop by, just to take a look at their show ADA tanks. Its quite nice.

If you get lost, they use an ADA canister as a door stop to keep the front door open, thats the place. LOL

Also, the area which it is in is a "better higher class" neighborhood with a lot of stores, and a lot of good restaurants. Just make a day of it if anything, and YELP a restaurant nearby to grab a bite also.

Its hard to come by a store just for planted folks, so lets give them support, and if you dont, they wont be around when you need something.

#28 ·
There are not a lot of fish at the moment, but like Concept said, they have amazing stuff for the planted tank. They are only a couple of weeks old, son give them time (not sure what their plans are exactly). I can tell you that you will find some plants there that you won't find anywhere else, and they come with a sweet price tag.

#29 ·
I was in there today...it was nice to see ADA and CO2 equipment for sale locally, but they are a very small shop. I think they had like 4-5 display tanks, and maybe 4 "livestock" tanks in the back.

They had some very nice driftwood, and a decent supply of ADA goodies.

#30 ·
I finally made it to the store today. Small place with a small selection of fish, but boy do they have a nice selection of plants! The owner I met was a real nice guy as well... Definitely worth a trip, especially if you are looking for hard to get plants or any ADA stuff.

I picked up three plants for my tank:

Hydrocotyle
Red Ludwigia
Nesaea Golden

Also picked up some long tweezers and a magazine.

Alfred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.