The Planted Tank Forum banner

new store...Fish Hut

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Dave6265 
#1 ·
called the fish hut on rt 46e in saddle brook (across from targeteers)
awesome selection of fish. not much in the way of plants. but they have a huge selection of fish.

also when i was there they had 1/2 off sales on certain fish.

looks like a promising place.

moose

#4 ·
I was there on Memorial Day weekend; very clean, the tanks all looked nice, and the staff was very friendly.

The owner is very into African Cichlids, and probably already has the best selection in the state and they are still in start up.

They had a great variety of plecos and rainbows, and their prices were very fair compared to other places.

Give them a little time, I think they will be a great addition to our local stores. It's nice to see a store starting up, instead of closing down nowadays.

#5 ·
I have been there 3-4 times now, and I have watched it get a lot better. When I first went there, I noticed a lot of dead fish/and fish with ich.

I was a little nervous about going here and noticed they had a great selection of equipment. So I decided to come back at a later point to check up on them.

Second time the fish look a lot better and was a little more impressed and picked up a few things.

This past weekend they had an awesome sale on a 55 gallon tank and I bought it. I started to drill one of the guys that work there and let me tell you, he didn't bull[censored][censored][censored][censored] me once! he was very knowledgeable and he even stressed why NOT to use sand. Most places wouldn't care!

I must say this is a good place! and they have a great selection of fresh water fish. I would go this weekend, but during my move one of my fish got ich and need to combat that before any new fish goes to my tank. =(

so doing the raise temp + Oxygen natural method + lot of water changes.

#6 ·
After discovering this store on this thread, I took a trip to The Fish Hut yesterday. I must say, this will be my regular go to spot from here on out! They have a great selection, great prices, and their staff is very friendly and knowledgable. I had an issue with my tank (went into a mini cycle), and this guy Mike helped me out. I can't say enough about him, and the store in general. I am heading back next weekend to pick up a fish or two. They have harder to find fish as well. Rams aren't easy to come by. They had Bolivian, blue, electric blue, gold and balloon rams......and all were sweetly priced. I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
After discovering this store on this thread, I took a trip to The Fish Hut yesterday. I must say, this will be my regular go to spot from here on out! They have a great selection, great prices, and their staff is very friendly and knowledgable. I had an issue with my tank (went into a mini cycle), and this guy Mike helped me out. I can't say enough about him, and the store in general. I am heading back next weekend to pick up a fish or two. They have harder to find fish as well. Rams aren't easy to come by. They had Bolivian, blue, electric blue, gold and balloon rams......and all were sweetly priced. I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!
I bought a couple of fish off them, and I want to go back for an electric blue long finned ram - if you ask them they will pick it up for you.

I bought my third clown loach from them and she is doing very well in my tank. Most active one - I bought one from Absolutely Fish, Fishtown, and them. The clown from here was the best one.

#7 ·
They are a great store. He's working on getting more plans in there too, they are very nice and not bs artists but true hobbyists. They also had discus and rams at good prices. I got 2 electric blues and 3 Germans and they are gorgeous healthy fish, they even ate the first day. My brother in law is a cichlids guy and was in heaven with their selection, they have 145 tanks!

#10 ·
Visited Fish Hut again this weekend. They obviously had just received shipments in.....saw all the empty containers outside. These guys are definitely putting in the effort, and I'm definitely impressed. They have a great variety. I was pleasantly surprised to see Endlers in there. They were all juvie males, but in stock nonetheless. This place is definitely my go to LFS. The only problem I have is......I can never decide what to get because the selection is so good! I go in with a plan, but it never pans out. I end up getting something different after spending more than enough time in there!! hahahaha

#14 ·
Ive been to fish hut in the past two months. They are around and actually had a few rare species of fresh water fish in stock. Their plant tanks are huge but none that justifies a trip there. They have a salt section but their true strength is in african cichlids. lots of exotic variety and worth going for if you are a so inclined enthusiast. Its worth checking out for their freshwater fish and tanks if you are in the neighborhood.

#20 ·
I've been there within the last month. They hang their hat on their African cichlid selection, but have a mix of everything else.

They have one or two tanks with plants in them, the selection was nothing out of the ordinary. I have yet to see decent FW shrimp there.

They did have some tanks with nano fishes in them, that's not my bag so I cannot comment further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.