The Planted Tank Forum banner

The big 40

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  rumples riot 
#1 ·
Made the big 40 today, don't feel any different but everyone is making such a fuss about it. I wanted the day to just pass by without too much fuss. Then I got badgered by my friends to have a party on Saturday. I don't know who the party is for me or them!! :lol:

Anyway how many of you out there are at this stage or beyond? Seems like yesterday I was 21 years old and now I still feel the same but look different. 8)

Paul

#3 ·
I turned 40 a couple months ago, life goes on, I figure I'll hold off on the mid-life crisis for a few years. I'm not at the point yet where I would fully enjoy it. :wink:

#8 ·
Thanks guys and gals.

Paul

#11 ·
sorry paul, scm and alex, i've got you all beat. turned the nasty number myself late last year. don't seem to be spending any more time on the couch than before, though...

paul i can sell you 2 tee shirts that have catchy, clever, ingenious slogans about turning 40, "oh no, the big 4-0", or something like that. very reasonable prices; only worn for the time it takes to drink 7 or 8 beers. you pay shipping. pm me if interested.

anyway, happy birthday paul!

#12 ·
Thanks Jart but I think I will pass on the offer.

I had a preliminary drinks last night to tonights big event. Feeling a bit under the weather this morning, but now have to go and get everything organised for tonight.

Having about 35 people to a friends house for my 40th. So I will be getting bombed. Lucky I don't vomit very often, usually once every ten years, seems like I have this ability to drink grog and spirits all night and be going strong when all the others leave. So here to it. Rock on!

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.