The Planted Tank Forum banner

Whats Nebraska like?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  artemis 
#1 ·
Well my family and I are planning on moving to Omaha Nebraska in January so i would like to know what its like over there. I have lived about half my life in Texas and the other half in Michigan I have always liked cooler weather. Anyways how is the planted tank scene up there? Any information you can give me about the state or the city would be great as I know nothing about it. What part of Omaha is good for a family to move to (1 mom 2 college students). I cant wait to hear your responses thanks guys.

#3 ·
Cool, mind if i ask why people don't suggest west Omaha? is it like the bad side of town or something. We have a bad side of town here to lol. Also what are the people like i hear they are very friendly.

#5 ·
People DO suggest West Omaha; it's the east (and especially the northeast) part of town that problematic (as the other posters have noted). Stay west of 50th street and you'll be fine. Apart from that, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of panted tank material available locally - but you can always get what you need by mail order, so that's not much of an issue. Do check out Nebraska Aquatic Supply on South 108th Street; they have some decent plants and supplies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.