The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - **Official TPT CANON Pimp Club** Join US!!
View Single Post
post #420 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Planted Tank Guru
Originally Posted by audioaficionado View Post
Nick, I'd like the #50 Canon Pimp spot. I've got a dandy A590-IS P&S and later this year I'm acquiring a T2i and having it modded to full spectrum for astrophotography, IR, UV and of course 1080P videos of my fish.
Late? How so? I've had a Canon for awhile now albeit a P&S in 2007. I've been wanting a DSLR for some time now, but didn't have the funds available. Now I do and decided to get a used kit to save some $$$. Should get it mid next week .

Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
So those who made the switch from Nikon to Canon, tell us why you didn't like Nikon...
I've been a Nikon fan since the mid '70s and have an old F2 film camera (doesn't work now) . I'm going with Canon as there is a whole lot more third party software to work with Canon than with Nikon. I'm planning on doing a full spectrum mod by removing the IR blocking filters over the sensor. Then I can do IR and astronomy photography. I'll just put an equivalent UV/IR blocking filter on when I do normal light photography. I still like Nikon, but they're more spendy and I don't see any advantage over Canon. I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy and Canon is the better value for what I want to do IMHO.

45 gal tall high-tech : 2-23-12 update
Complete CO2 Leak Test : How to build a CO2 regulator

Never argue with a fool. Onlookers often can't tell the difference.
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My advice is free and worth every penny.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome