The Planted Tank Forum banner

Light for 20 long

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jboone82590 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a good light for a planted 20 long?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#2 ·
After much reading here I suggested a Finnex Stingray to my son. Just saw his tank IRL and it looks terrific. Color is natural, plants are growing well and no algae. I was concerned that it might be a bit too much light and he does have about 50% of the surface covered by Brazilian pennywort. No CO2, HOB filter, I gave him pill bottles filled with NPK+M that he doses 2 pinches of one and 1 of the other 1x a week after water changes and he is growing a mystery crypt, Anubias Nana, narrow leaf java fern and mystery moss [probably java] in there.

#5 ·
If it's a terrarium you have alot of options. Some of the better ones would be the ray2, plantedplus, beamworks evo, dual t5, etc... higher light will usually provide better results with vivs depending on the plants. My bromeliads are sitting a couple inches away from the planted plus and they are loving it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Are you not using water at all? i.e. an open air setup? Saw the mulch and assumed so, otherwise you're going to have some brown water for a long, long time.

I just ordered a Finnex 30" Planted+ 24/7, I plan to keep an updated log as I build my 20g Long tank into a hi-tech c02 planted tank. Keep us updated with how yours goes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.