The Planted Tank Forum banner

Beldt's Aquarium Closing...

19K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  agimlin 
#1 ·
At first it was rumor but now it seems true. A great LFS is closing it's doors at the end of the month.

It's always sad to see the big box stores win the fight but we all know they will never amount to a well run locally owned store.

I hope to see another endeavor nearby but until then I hope they can at least serve the fishkeeping community with rock bottom prices on liquidated products.

Also, I hope to see a store open in saint Louis county.

#5 ·
Hi Guys,

I grew up in St. Louis and remember Beldt's Aquarium well! In fact, I worked for Vick's Aquarium on Gravois when I first started in college. I worked in both the wholesale and retail end of the operation and I used to deliver to Beldt's almost weekly. It is a sad day!

#6 ·
Last time I went in there they said they were just renovating the store but man that sucks belts is the only place that ill drive to and is worth driving to

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Up here a local store moved locations, renovated, and managed to go under in a matter of 4 months. Moving locations(despite the old place being dingy and gross) was the worst thing they ever did. It was just a matter of time when they did that...

the only remaining Local store is far from ideal... Might as well be a petsmart... but they have worse prices and puppy mill dogs.

#11 ·
Beldt's, though, has already gone under, so moving locations couldn't possibly make things worse for them. Plus there's a whole new group of people out here. I suppose they could also try manchester, but there are a few high end pet stores there already.

Also, I would be willing to help out at his store if he does end up starting it. It's like a mini dream to own a pet store so working at a locally owned one would be a good step. does he have a business degree or anything?

#17 ·
this is so dissapointing. granted im a little late but i went there last night and found a dark empty store :(. there is another store right down the street from petmarket place called tropical world pets. i have been in once but it is so far from my house, belts was only about 15 min away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.