The Planted Tank Forum banner

No One

14K views 82 replies 40 participants last post by  fmsmom 
#1 ·
Nobody in Missouri on this site?

#57 ·
How's that eco working out for you? How many bags did you need for a 75? I use pool filter sand with Osmocote tabs and able to grow plants pretty well. If I were to ever change over, I would probably go with eco. It's a little expensive to fill a 75 though isn't it?

#58 ·
I think I put 4 bags in it at almost 40 a bag so yeah its kinda pricy but I wanted to make sure my plants grow and they love it
I also use osmocote taps for ferts and I use them in my 29 gallon with just river rock and it works in there alps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#59 ·
There are missourians around, I have been out of the hobby for roughly 7 years... just setup a new to me 55 i picked up off craigslist and ordered a ton of plants off aquabid, and a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 for it... should have the light tomorrow, plants hopefully sometime next week :) grabbed some filter media from a friends tank, and threw it in my cascade, along with 5 tetras to get the biocycle started nice and fast...

#61 ·
day 7, 0 ammonia, 0 trites 20 trates, added 5 panda cory. in another week if its stablizes out with the trates i will be adding 2 blue rams, then ill fill out the other half of the tetra school and cory school

final bioload will be 10 white fin tetras, 10 panda cory and 2 german blue rams... with a ton of plants, then its off to buy EI ferts, and CO2 :) but thats a few months away, gotta save up.

#62 ·
Hi all!
Another person from St. Louis. SoCo area. Getting back in the saddle after a very long hiatus. Looking forward to updating my knowledge and refreshing my memory on all things aquatic.
Been lurking and reading a lot so far.
I will be putting together a couple of high tech small planted tanks in the near future. I will be setting up a 20L and a Nano Sky High Clarity 7G kit. Still gathering some supplies yet.

Hope to hear from all of you and sharing some knowledge I have from the "Old School" methods.

#68 ·
hey guys! planted tank enthusiast from stl here. AquaWorld off of manchester has the best plants in my experience, they have a good variety but you gotta make sure to go when the new shipments are in. All the plants include free snails though :/ Petland has a few plants, and the petsmart in south county has a manager who orders nice plants too. I've never been to the aquarium club, it sounds amazing! I'll def have to go sometime.

#69 ·
If anyone is from the central missori area and into salt water like me also check out Gallery Aquatics in jeferson city he has some awesome stuff and im trying to get him into more planted tanks but he is a saltwater nut and is always willing to help and give and take advice on anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#70 ·
I'll be the first to throw out the spot for coralsnmore in St. Charles. I was there the other day, mostly a saltwater store, but do have probably 30 tanks of freshwater.

Individual filtration on all their tanks. First store I've seen in a while doing that, although Aquaworld might, they have some fantastic tanks. They aren't much on plants yet, but their fish stock seems reasonable and growth probably will occur.

Also anyone in the St. Louis area have any floaters? Looking to get me a batch of floating plants to add to my tanks.

#78 ·
I recently shut down my 28g Nano and 75g freshwater planted tanks but will be setting at least the 75g back up in a month when I return from a deployment. Can't wait, I am getting the fever again, lurking through this forum again and setting aside the funds to get going again. I had a bunch of cherry shrimp before I left, which were cool, but also really limited the types of fish I could have. Looking forward to going shrimp-free this time and having some interesting mixed tanks/maybe doing the smaller one as a species tank. Both planted of course =)

#81 ·
My 29 gallon had most of the guppies dying off from old age the last 5-6 months so I decided the tank needed a change. Just got 2 pairs of German Blue Rams and they are pretty cool. One pair just mated this morning and are now in defend mode. I also have 4 otos and 7 neons and might pick up a few other small little fish when I figure out what I want. So far I'm liking the rams. Funny cause the tank had like 10-15 cherry shrimp and a bunch of little shrimplets. I've only noticed 4-5 shrimp left the last few days. I'm guessing they are either hiding now or they are getting picked off daily or a little of both. I knew most of the shrimplets would become snacks but surprised the 1/4"-1/2" shrimps seem to be gone too but they might just be hiding in plants and under driftwood since they are now snacks while previously navigated the tank like they owned it with zero fear.

#82 ·
Yeah Rams are great for putting Shrimp into hiding :)

I have a 60 gallon, grew it into a 200+ red rili shrimp colony tank before adding fish. Then added Otos, then Tetras. Shrimp had no problems, finally introduced Rams and boom shrimp colony still noticeable but barely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.