Need Plants - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
tylergvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 1,723
Need Plants

I am setting up a 20L tank and soon I am going to need some plants:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...41#post3983641

I'm looking for a low light plant package to pick up locally in September.

Here is a list of plants I think I am going to need:

Vals
Annibus Nana Petite
Java Fern Narrow Leaf
Two Different Colored Low Light Crypts
Two Different Colored Low light Stems

Doesn't have to be exact types above. I am open to hear what you have to offer, but I do want lots of plants.

If you think you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
I got $ and/or equipment.

I also have other plants if your looking to trade.

My plant list:

Java Moss
Weeping Moss
Dwarf Sag
Ricca
Frogbit

Thanks fellow Minnesota TPT members.
tylergvolk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
tylergvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 1,723
tylergvolk is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 AM
OVT
Carpe Diem
 
OVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,615
September is a month away. I personally have no idea what I would have to spare that far in advance.

Posting a WTB thread and paying an extra $7 in shipping would give you a much higher exposure.

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2

Courtesy * Integrity * Perseverance * Indominable Spirit * and Self Control
Tenets of TKD
OVT is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
tylergvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
September is a month away. I personally have no idea what I would have to spare that far in advance.

Posting a WTB thread and paying an extra $7 in shipping would give you a much higher exposure.

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the advice.
tylergvolk is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
AnotherHobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Posts: 1,602
Look at my Fallen Tree Branch journal in my signature. I don't trim out my anubias, but pretty much everything else gets trimmed out. I threw out a healthy handful of rotala indica and a bunch of bocopa last night. I also toss a lot of ludwigia red from time to time. Some of my plants are still propagating, but the stems are all grown in. By september I'm sure I'll be trimming out plenty of hydrocotyle tripartita japan, UG, rotala, bocopa, probably pogostamon helfiri and flame moss too. About the only thing I don't trim out is anubias because it grows so slow.

I know I could ROAK it on here, but I usually just throw it out if I'm too busy to deal with packaging and shipping. I'd be more than happy to dump it off to a local for free.
AnotherHobby is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
tylergvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherHobby View Post
Look at my Fallen Tree Branch journal in my signature. I don't trim out my anubias, but pretty much everything else gets trimmed out. I threw out a healthy handful of rotala indica and a bunch of bocopa last night. I also toss a lot of ludwigia red from time to time. Some of my plants are still propagating, but the stems are all grown in. By september I'm sure I'll be trimming out plenty of hydrocotyle tripartita japan, UG, rotala, bocopa, probably pogostamon helfiri and flame moss too. About the only thing I don't trim out is anubias because it grows so slow.

I know I could ROAK it on here, but I usually just throw it out if I'm too busy to deal with packaging and shipping. I'd be more than happy to dump it off to a local for free.
Awesome. Thanks. I may have to take you up on your offer. Ill get in contact with you. Very nice tank by the way.
tylergvolk is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2
I'd swing by for some pro-bono tank plants. I'm just starting my first planted tank, and need some good variety. Anything that tylergvolk doesn't want, I'll take off your hands.
mdneilson is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 03:41 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
AnotherHobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Posts: 1,602
Ha! Looks like next time I post a ROAK I should post it for locals.
AnotherHobby is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
tylergvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdneilson View Post
I'd swing by for some pro-bono tank plants. I'm just starting my first planted tank, and need some good variety. Anything that tylergvolk doesn't want, I'll take off your hands.

Go ahead mdneilson. I'm looking for more lower light plants. Thanks AnotherHobby
tylergvolk is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
tylergvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 1,723
Wanted Plant List

X6 Jungle Vals
X3 Green Crypts Wenditi
x4 Anubias Nana Petite
x1 Brazilian Penny Wort
x5 Green Cabomba

The rest I am picking up from Soup1 (Sean) on Thursday:
x5 Water Wisteria
x1 Narrow Leaf Java Fern
x3 Red Crypts
x3 Ludwigia Repens
x1 Red Root Floaters

Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks for looking.
tylergvolk is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hastings, MN
Posts: 51
I'm buying a grab bag for my new 46 gallon. If I wind up with anything on your list I don't end up needing, I will absolutely let you know!
Templaflower is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
tylergvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 1,723
I got everything I need but there is always room for more!
tylergvolk is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome