The Planted Tank Forum banner

Just moved to Winston-Salem

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Blue Ridge Reef 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my wife and I just moved from the MS Gulf Coast to the tried area (Winston-Salem, specifically). All tanks are in storage and a fraction of my anubias collection is sitting in a 20g tank in my apartment, but I'm looking for some local plantedtankers to meet up with to discuss local hot spots.

#2 ·
Try Aquamain's in Greensboro and Triangle Tropical Fish in Durham.

I'm sorry but I don't know any of the fish stores in W-S.

#3 ·
Hi Sam, Welcome to Winston-Salem! I live in the triad too. I like the Aquarium Center in Kernersville. They have some plants and are good about special ordering items.
I have a 25 planted with small schooling fish, kuli loaches, 2 ottos (the rest disappeared) and 3 small plecos. My 10 gallon "planted" has Roanoke darters but will be converted to a cherry shrimp tank and another 10 will be setup as a riffle tank with the darters. The 25 will be taken down when I get my 55 planted going. Funds are really tight right now due to a move so thats going in slow motion getting that set up.
I always like to talk fish. I'm just learning about planted tanks.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I'll give a third thumbs up for Triangle! I worked there when I lived in Durham, back when half the space was a discus hatchery. Alan and Jane know their fish, and always hired knowledgeable employees.

And I'd be remiss not to add that I'm opening an LFS in the Asheville area. So far, not much luck finding a great plant wholesaler. :(

#7 ·
not much luck finding a great plant wholesaler.
I think the LFS here and the one that I saw in Asheville has the same problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.