The Planted Tank Forum banner

Plants in Metro Detroit Area

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Abdullah 
#1 ·
Friends, I live in Canton and am in search of different plants to add to my aquarium. I'm looking for dwarf sag, italian val, bacopa, anubias, java fern, amazon sword, and ludwigia repens. Let me know if any of you or anyone you know is selling plants or willing to give away

#2 ·
I typically have the best luck with the Petco on Ford or PETsMART on Michigan ave. I've never had much luck finding good plants at fantastic fins or something fishy. They always seem to be heavy on the algae. There is a place down in brownstown, Bruce's pond shop, that typically has a god selection of plants.

#3 ·
Is Bruce's Pond Shop on the same price level as Petco and Petsmart would be? I went to both Petco and Petsmart a week ago but their plants were browned, I'm not sure when they would get a new batch so I haven't been back in yet

#4 ·
They usually get new in each week. I found if you get there just before the shipment arrives the selection usually isn't good. I just picked up some crypto undulata from petsmart last week that has done really good.
Bruces is comparable or maybe a $1-2 more per plant but typically you don't have to worry about plants in poor condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.