The Planted Tank Forum banner

Moving to Lexington

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  jmeister 
#1 ·
I'll be moving to Lexington from Washington State in a couple months and was wondering how the water is out of the tap for aquariums? Also if there are any good plant and fish stores near?

I was trying to figure out a way to ship my plants and fish when I go and be able to set up my tank when I get there but I don't think it would work because I would have new tank syndrome to contend with.

Thanks

#3 ·
well, i assume since this was posted 7 months ago you've found a good fish store here in Lexington.
THE BEST BY FAR is "Just Fish".
http://www.justfish.biz/

the website isnt good, but the staff at the store is fantastic.
the owner is an ichthyologist.

they only have the best, pure breeds of fish and plants.

they alos have a 400? gallon r/o storage tank to buy r/o water.

#6 ·
I really like the store 'Just Fish". It is clean and all tanks and fish look great. I have bought fish and stuff there without any problems etc. Always a good experience.

I happen to go to the "Animal House" cause it was closer and bought a few fish there. Now I haven't had any Ick for two years. Within 2 days I had a bad case of ick and end up loosing 5 of the 8 fish that I bought from them. I went back to them 2 days later to see if they would work with me a little on the price for buying some ick medication and the man (the owner) said that he would only give me a 10% discount and that only if I could show them the receipt. Not only that but the owners wife remembered me and remembered selling the fish to me but her husband wasn't willing to work out a deal. I spent $50.00 dollars in there the day I bought the fish and had been in there maybe 6 or 7 times before. The guys wife recognized me buy this time and she was real nice and helpful. The day I went back in there, there were maybe 7 tanks labeled under doctors care due to ick.

I will not be going back to that store, for fish anyway.

Joe

#9 ·
its on rosemont garden.
if you are on nicholasville rd going towards town, right before you get to central baptist take a left onto rosemont and go 1/2 mile.
it will be on the right just past the railroad tracks.
its an old white stone house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.