The Planted Tank Forum banner

Janesville ?!!?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  unirdna 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'll be in Janesville in a couple of weeks and would like to visit any aquariums/fish stores in the area. Can anyone suggest some stores in that area?

Thanks

Ed

#2 ·
Hi Ed,

I'm from Madison, but grew up in Janesville. The largest local store is Preferred Pets, on HWY 14, next to ShopKo. There is also a Petco on the same road, about a mile west in a shopping district with a movie theatre, old navy, etc.

When I lived there (15 years ago), my favorite store was a mom-and-pop outfit on the South-East side of town. I think it was on HWY 11, about a mile east of El-ra-bowl. It was called East side pet store, or East side pets.....something on that order. It was owned by an eccentric 50 year old man, and his goods were as unique as he was. Fresh water rays, peacock bass, crazy lizzards and snakes, a 100+ year old talking parrot. The place smelled of wood shavings and the front door was falling off, but the merchandise was just awesome.

#4 ·
Sure Ed, if you have any money still left in your pocket after Ho-Chunk, try these places (ranked):

1. Living Art (owner Paul). http://www.livingartaquarium.com/
2. Aquatic Specialties
3. Aquarium Superstore
4. Noah's Ark
5. Animart (recently renovated - might be higher on the rank list now)
6. Pet World Warehouse (sucks for fish, but good for glass and equipment).
7. Petco (one on the east and one on the west - behind Living Art).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.