The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Plant Auction February 12th 2008
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
BlueRam's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,666
Plant Auction February 12th 2008

The Greater Seattle Aquarium society is hosting our annual Plant and Livestock auction on Tuesday, February the 12th at our usual location, Weter Hall, SPU campus. Doors open at 6:30 pm to register items and the auction starting at 7:30. We'll do our best to try and explain a little about the plants (i.e., light requirements, how "challenging" it is, etc). Depending on the amount of donations, we might be out by 9 pm like last year, or it might push on until 10:30 pm.

If you're a member, you may bring up to 20 lots to sell of your own. Members get 60% of the bid, while the club takes the remaining 40%. The board has decided to include FISH and other livestock this year, so feel free to bring your juveniles! You can also bring plant-related dry-goods like substrate, fertilizer, CO2 gear, and specialty lights, but no general stuff like tanks or filters. Save those for April.

The success of our auctions depends on participation so please bring a friend.
We are also looking for help the day of the auction with a need for WiFi laptops, baggers (before the auction), runners to distribute the goods, and cleanup/break down crew. If you think that you can assist with the above, please email me.

Unsure about whether the “plant” auction is for you? Plants of all types will be available from the super easy (duckweed) to stem plants (start quickly to beat algae) to rare species (ie any of the other mosses). If you keep herbivores, at least plenty of “green food” will be available.

What livestock should I bring? Any fish or invertebrate is welcome however the audience tends to be interested in planted tank friendly individuals.

Anything else? Plants can be bagged in Ziplock® type bags and should remain moist. Fish should be double bagged to prevent leaks. Ie. seal “fish type” bag #1 with a band, transfer to bag #2 band first and seal.

Moved to Tucson.

Last edited by BlueRam; 01-26-2008 at 05:13 AM.
BlueRam is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome