The Planted Tank Forum banner

Man Just Fish is closing

7K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  E.middleton 
#1 ·
I went to Just Fish today, and there was a notice they were closing their doors, on the "up" side everything was 40% off. Now where is the closest "good" fiss store in lexington, am I going to have to settle for Incredipet?

#2 ·
My wife and I just swung by there today and saw the sign. It's a real bummer, I've known Tony for several years. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to shop now? I've been to East End Aquatics in Louisville, but that's quite a drive for folks in Lexington.

#3 ·
There are several good fish/plant/reef stores up here in northern Ky., but it is like a different world up here than it is down there anyway.

#5 ·
I was shocked when I went there a few days ago and found it closed. If there isn't a local shop in Lexington, then I guess were all going to have to use online vending. We here in Lexington should start a monthly team order. What do you all say?
Joetee

#8 ·
Just the starting pre-stag, but we need to figure out how to plan and manage a local area online ordering plan. With the economy like it is, this could actually be set up all over USA and even the world. This could save us a lot of money. I think we need to start small, say a test first. Everybody needs to be within driving distance of each group. There needs to be a group leader. We should probably set up some sort of communication that is linked to everyone in the group. We would probably need to set up a list of the most common items that we would want to order once a month or so.
I would like some idea's and some leaders to step up and help with this idea.
Shoot it down if you don't think it would work. Just voice your idea's would be great.
Joetee

#10 ·
Maybe we should start a new thread under KY and have everyone around the area start listing everything the usually order or buy on a monthly bases. Then we can get a count and see what the best prices are and what site to order from for quantity orders. This well safe on shipping and maybe get a better price too.

#11 ·
I'm not for sure if I'm interested in dry goods, like food and dechlor, I buy most of that in bulk online myself, one years supply at a time. What is the best way to go about ordering livestock and plants as a group though? Is that something we could generate enough interest in to make it monthly?

#12 ·
It doesn't have to be monthly. I think we just need enough interest to get a big enough order to help with the expense of shipping etc. Maybe fish food, cleaning supplies. Tools. I don't know. It is just a thought. Maybe it won't work.
Joe

#14 ·
Check out the plants at the Southland Incredipet. They'd always been pretty lousy, but when I was in there for dog food last week, I was pleasantly surprised. The guy working in the fish section said that he and another guy who work there grow the plants in their home tanks

#16 ·
Im running out of excel too. Well have to look for the biggest bottle and order some. I have a empty 2 liter of excel. I wonder how big it comes in. I think they also offer Prime etc for ponds that are a large size and I think it is the same stuff.
Joe

#18 ·
I too am going to miss Tony. I've been getting some things from Animal House and Incredipet (fortunately there are a couple of guys there who are in the hobby). But, they just don't have and can't get the plants that I want. I get my discus from a breeder so that's not a biggie. My dry goods I get from who ever has them.
It's sad to think just ten years ago we had Best Pets (where I used to work at the Gardenside location), Lansdowne, and Regency. Now they're all gone I wish I knew why. I know that some of it is bad business practices. But, at least one good one could survive.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.