The Planted Tank Forum banner

Swap days?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  theshadybird 
#1 ·
I like most people on here enjoy swapping or giving away extra plants. I'm wondering how much interest there would be in having a swap day. We could pick a time and place that appeals to most people and do some plant, fish, or invert swapping.

Since it is winter we obviously would have to do this indoors. I wonder if Petsmart would allow this?

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

#3 ·
I'm all for it. The only problem is that I do not have room to keep extra clipping and thus the trimmed plants almost always wilt in my small QT box. Unless I make a trim very close to the swap date, then I will be able to trade/swap.

#7 ·
I know this forum is more geared towards plants, and I'm a little new here. When I first got my fish tank, I didn't know anything about it fish (still learning a lot) and my fish tank is now overcrowded with goldfish. I've gotten rid of a few and the ones I have now have gotten bigger and it's getting crowded again.

Does anyone know of where I can possibly get rid of about three goldfish? I called the local pet store and they said they prefer not to, plus they always act snotty anyway.

By the way! If you guys (and gals!) do have a swap meet, I would love to attend! :)

#8 ·
I like most people on here enjoy swapping or giving away extra plants. I'm wondering how much interest there would be in having a swap day. We could pick a time and place that appeals to most people and do some plant, fish, or invert swapping.

Since it is winter we obviously would have to do this indoors.
I wonder if Petsmart would allow this?

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
Thread a bit old, but since it is hot as heck right now, it do not really matter. But come winter, you guys are welcome to swap at my house in BG if we got no where else to go, haha.

#9 ·
Is this a thing still?
Because I would LOVE for this to still be a thing.
We should make it be a thing, have two meets for the different sides of the state: Maybe Lexington and BG? Have them at a LFS, or someone's house if they're okay with that. Dates would probably be a week or two apart, maybe more depending on scheduling.
What do you guys say?
Think I should start a new thread, and get this sorted out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.