The Planted Tank Forum banner

Indiana pet store that buy fish...?

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  benjaminleebates 
#1 ·
I am in central Indiana. I am getting inundated with guppies. I love having a very active tank, full of fry, but now it's starting to get silly.
I know this is a planted tank forum, but it has a good state-based subforum.
Does anyone know of any pet stores in central Indiana that will buy/take extra fish?

#3 ·
I can take some.
They're not fancy guppies. But they do have color. Yellow, Orange, and black variety of tails. What I would probably do is just grab a bunch of fry. With fry the color doesn't always show right way. I have a couple fry that are nearly an inch, but most are still quite small.

#8 ·
the reef might? worth a try, anyways. not many LFS' around here...
uncle bill's (are they still open) might too?
last resort, try petco or petsmart or something...
none of those places takes amazing care of their stock though, well the petco i think on east 96th takes amazing care of their fish, probably out of your way though? ...so be warned before selling your fish to them, like if you care what becomes of them...

#9 ·
Called uncle Bills. No
Don't really like Reef, some of their freshwater tanks look nasty. I think I got contact high just walking through their shop, if you get my drift...
I drive from Anderson to Westfield every day for work, 96th street isn't too far out of the way. I can call regardless...
The Lafayette place sounds promising, a coworker grew up down there and goes back frequently. I'll give them a call.
Thanks ALL!!!

#11 ·
This store does trade ins for credit

Hi I live in Rochester and have had great experience with J&K Megapet in Wabash. Not only have they given me fair credit for fish i traded in but also for merchandise. For example i bought an Aqueon glass canopy at another store and it was to long for my tank by .8" so they gave me full credit(actually made $6) I've also traded in a Clown Loach which i had just purchased at another store (20mins b4 i went there) paid $4 they gave me $8 credit. Also traded in a Kribensis for $7. Then i traded in the used 55 i bought (that leaked) for $20 (I could've made more but i was honest and told them it leaked) then bought a new 55(my bro made a custom stand 55 on top 2 10s underneath) $99 for tank alone $130 for combo(so i bought the combo which also saved me $34 on glass canopy) then the owner gave me $40 credit for the strip light (i didn't need it cause i had them order me a Marineland single bright led) now for the best part they will match any price i find online (without even asking for a printout or link) so they ordered my led and price matched it for $88 (48"-60" model) anyway to sum it up as far as pet supplies go this is the place to go to(they also have about 30 freshwater tanks and a 2000gallon freshwater pond stocked with everything from oscars to gars to koi to pacus etc) I've been to over 30 different stores over the last year (warsaw, south bend, mishawaka, logansport, kokomo, chicago, merryville"the ark is nice too", etc) and this is one of the best. to sum up they will most likely be fair to you for your guppys but to be safe call 1st but even if they wont take them go check it out. I'm confident that you'll be impressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.