The Planted Tank Forum banner

Inland Aquatics

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  jccaclimber 
#1 ·
Has anyone been to Inland Aquatics in Terre Haute recently?

It is my understanding that the FW has been developed there and I am thinking about making a trip to see it for FW as well as marine. I'm curious about anything anyone has to say based on visits within the past year.

Thanks for any feedback.

Lainey

#3 ·
Inland has some nice setups and a good variety of plants and fish that are up to some of the best quality I have seen a fish store offer. I go there every once in awhile and do trades with my brother who is into the saltwater side of aquatics. Nice to a would say its worth the trip. There is also some other fish stores that arent corporate and nice but cant really recall the names right now.

As far as saltwater goes Im not into that much myself but they have a superior amount of variety and quality. And no I dont work for them lol.

#4 ·
I live in Terre Haute, and have been there several times. Their fresh water setup IMO is adequate. They are still developing it, but its worth a look. Their saltwater setups are massive, impressive, and amazing though. The place i go to in Terre Haute for freshwater plants and fish is only a few miles from there on 8th Ave and 13th street. its called atlantis. They have a larger selection of plants and fresh water fish.

Hope this helps

#5 ·
And if it helps, you might get to meet me in person there as I am the new e-commerce manager for Atlantis Aquatic Gardens. I should have the website up and running in a few weeks so everyone can see some great pics from the store. For now a test site is online but not accepting any orders.

Oh, and by the way....we now have a large selection of plants that change on a pretty regular basis.

#8 ·
Opie, I bet I actually know you! How long have you been working at Atlantis? I work at Inland Aquatics. :)

Old thread I know, but in case anyone is curious Inland has significantly improved the freshwater and planted section, so come check it out.

Knuggs, if Opie doesn't hook you up with some gudgeons we have them at Inland.

#13 ·
I will have to check with the reef club and see when we plan on renting a bus (party kind of course!) and doing our yearly inland aquatics trip. I always end up missing it. I would love to go there.

#16 ·
I got to visit Inland aquatics a couple months ago when visiting Terre Haute. I made several observations:
1) The whole place was really cool (I'm an engineer and freshwater aquarist).
2) The entire place, particularly the back, had the worst stench I've smelled in a long time. I kept having to go outside the building to clear my head, and I felt sick most of the afternoon after I left. I'm under the impression that aquariums shouldn't smell this bad (mine certainly don't), so I don't know if it's all the water on the floor and a permanent mold issue, or what.
3) There were several dead fish in one of the freshwater display tanks, but the for sale tanks all looked pretty good.
4) Some of the freshwater plants had been there a bit too long, but they did have several plants in stock that my LFS never has.
5) In case I didn't make it clear enough, the marine portion was really cool to look at and wander through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.