The Planted Tank Forum banner

WTB Crystal Red and Crystal Black Shrimp-Chicagoland Area?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  olliefish 
#1 ·
I'm looking to purchase about 5 Crystal Red and 5 Crystal Black Shrimp to stock a tank with. I'm going to the March 6th GCCA Swap Meet, but I haven't been in two years and the last time I went to a GCCA swap I purchased some Cherry Shrimp from a vendor there who also had Crystals, but I forgot to take a card from his booth (if he had one) and I'm not sure if he still attends the meets and brings Crystals.
I went into Old Orchard Aquarium but they had relatively low grade crystal reds for $20 a piece and I've been to just about every online store and found some good prices but outrageous shipping fees, and I just want to buy from a local vendor. I'm not looking for high grade shrimp, but I don't want particularly low quality shrimp either.

Any good places with good prices?

#3 ·
Update: Have found the vendor I purchased from at a GCCA meet two years ago and he verified that he would definitely have CRS and other ornamental shrimp varieties but he's not sure he'll have CBS!

So, still looking for a vendor for Crystal Black Shrimp!

#5 ·
I'm well aware but thank you for telling me! :) I like the contrast of the CRS and CBS together in a tank and I'm not buying them for breeding purposes.

#6 ·
You probably bought your shrimp from Shrimp USA. Shrimp USA has been there for at least the two years I have been going to the swap. More recently (last swap meet), Ted Judy from Ted's Fishroom had shrimp. He might be low on caridinas right now so check his website and ask if he's coming to the swap. If so, he can bring it for you. I bought a bunch of lower grade CRS and CBS from him but he had quite a wide assortment including high grade shrimp. He is suppose to get a new shipment in soon so now's the time to ask him.

#7 ·
Yes I am purchasing from Rob Bauer (Shrimp USA) and I think he is the person I purchased my cherries from before. He's super nice, and he threw in some nice berried females for me last time! super great pricing too.

#8 ·
Update: Have pre-purchased 6 CRS and 2 Black King Kong shrimp from ShrimpUSA to pick up tomorrow!

#9 ·
here's a few photos of the gorgeous shrimp I purchased this past weekend from ShrimpUSA!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.