The Planted Tank Forum banner

GCCA Swap Meet March 3rd

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  thump421 
#1 · (Edited)
GCCA Swap Meet March 6th

GCCA's Swap Meet is a great place to buy fish, plants, food, equipment and more!

Buy directly from the breeder and make your best deal!
Four times a year these fish swaps have the largest selection of fish available in the Midwest
Find fish that you can't find at any local fish store.
This is the one biggest
Most vendors sell fish that they raise themselves.
Take a look at GCCA classifieds to see a preview into what the vendors are bringing
Arrive early for the best selection!

Sunday from 10AM to 2PM

Best Western Plus
4400 Frontage Rd
Hillside, IL. 60162

www.gcca.net

Admission
$5.00 for everyone
Kids under 15 free with an Adult admission

Bump: I know this meet is still a ways off but was wondering if anyone would like to split a pound of frozen bloodworms and a pound of frozen blackworms?

I figure we could try to crack the frozen piece down the middle and see what happens.

PM me if you would like.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello

The swap is actually on March 6th which is a Sunday.

Also note that the newly formed Chicago Aquatic Plant Society (see us on Facebook) will be there for the first time. We will be selling homegrown aquatic plants from our members (grown submersed, not emersed) along with a wide assortment of very nice manzanita wood that is great for aquascaping. We will have a pretty wide assortment of plants, many which you won't find in a local fish store. Stop by and say hello and request to join our Facebook group!

#3 ·
Hi,

I have a question about the meet. I am looking for shrimp, not sure of the variety yet but most likely red cherry shrimp and some plants. Reading the gcca site there was a comment about if you "win" you get the fish. Is this meet more of an auction type meet?

Thanks,

Mak

#4 ·
This meet is more of a swap meet. Vendors set up tables and sell an assortment of freshwater fish stuff. I have picked up some red cherry shrimp here in the past. There is also a silent auction going on outside of the swap meet area where they auction off rare fish, etc.

#6 ·
They also have auction events - so you might have been reading a post about the auction.

You'll love the swap meet - it's really fun. 100+ people will line up waiting for the swap to open at 10 am. The last swap was the most crowded I have seen in two years. I'd get there early because a lot of good stuff is picked through in the first 30-60 min. Or preorder and pickup by contacting the vendors (the list with contact info comes out a few days before the swap) or look in their For Sale section and contact vendors. The place is absolutely packed so pick up is much easier, although browsing is a lot of fun too.

#7 ·
Hello!

The newly formed Chicago Aquatic Plant Society will have a table at the GCCA Swap meet on March 6th. We will be selling homegrown plants, sandblasted manzanita wood from nano tank size to 3' long, and some gently used aquarium equipment (some of it will be new). The plants are grown by members so you will see high-quality plants from easy-to-grow to more rare plants that you won't find anywhere else locally. All the plants were grown submersed (not emersed). Why have plants shipped to your home in the winter when you can buy them here! The Chicago Aquatic Plant Society is a hobbyist community focused on planted tanks. Come by and say hello and join our group on Facebook.

#8 ·
Don't know where I got the 3rd from.
Swap is definitely on Sunday March 6th.
Of course if you get there on the 3rd you'll be the first one in line.

Reactions: Fujiija
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.