Nampa/Boise Surrounding Area - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Cynth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinabelle View Post
cynth-can tell me where to buy the seachems excel? I've tried zamzows and Petco. Does Petsmart carry it? i don't want to drive all over town looking.
I usually order it online, but I have seen it at PetSmart by the Town Square Mall and Fish Aquariums & Stuff.

My Second Fluval EBI

My Fluval EBI

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
Cynth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
BBradbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 1,945
What about the Kuna Area???

Hello. I live in Northern Colorado and am planning a driving trip to Idaho around Labor Day. Is anyone familiar with the Kuna area??? Specifically, there was a small store on a piece of land that used to sit on the right side of the street as you came into town. From what direction, I have no idea. Seems like there may have been a river a ways behind the house. A fairly large, covered porchlike area made of large rocks sat next to the house.

This is a total reach, but was wondering if anyone was possibly from Kuna on this site.

Just a "shot in the dark".

B
BBradbury is offline  
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Cynth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Hello. I live in Northern Colorado and am planning a driving trip to Idaho around Labor Day. Is anyone familiar with the Kuna area??? Specifically, there was a small store on a piece of land that used to sit on the right side of the street as you came into town. From what direction, I have no idea. Seems like there may have been a river a ways behind the house. A fairly large, covered porchlike area made of large rocks sat next to the house.

This is a total reach, but was wondering if anyone was possibly from Kuna on this site.

Just a "shot in the dark".

B

Keeton0_o is from Kuna. I'll see if I can scare him up to talk to you.

My Second Fluval EBI

My Fluval EBI

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
Cynth is offline  
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
BBradbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 1,945
Kuna Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynth View Post
Keeton0_o is from Kuna. I'll see if I can scare him up to talk to you.
Cynth...

Thanks much for your trouble.

B
BBradbury is offline  
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Algae Grower
 
Baysin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinabelle View Post
cynth-can tell me where to buy the seachems excel? I've tried zamzows and Petco. Does Petsmart carry it? i don't want to drive all over town looking.
I'm 90% sure I've seen it at Boise's Freshwater. Hang a left as soon as you go in the door and their (small) section of plant stuff is against the wall there.
Baysin is offline  
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Algae Grower
 
DanMarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 12
The only place in town I have seen a drop checker was on your 40 gallon.

Oh, and hi! lol

Sorry I missed the face to face meeting all, I was really looking forward to being there.
DanMarion is offline  
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Algae Grower
 
DanMarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 12
And you can get Excel, along with other Seachem products at Fish Aquariums and Stuff in Boise.
DanMarion is offline  
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Cynth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMarion View Post
The only place in town I have seen a drop checker was on your 40 gallon.

Oh, and hi! lol

Sorry I missed the face to face meeting all, I was really looking forward to being there.

Oh hey I missed this thread some how. Hi! I wish you could of been here too. Next time holler if you need a ride, I'd be happy to come get you guys.

My Second Fluval EBI

My Fluval EBI

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
Cynth is offline  
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Fork, Idaho
Posts: 33
Great to see the interest in Idaho. I live up north but get to Boise occasionally and the 2 places to for LFS are Boise Freshwater Aquarium and Fish, Aquariums and Stuff. Both have some terrific tanks and their products are good.

The plant selection at both, as I've previously posted on this forum (2009?), is limited but quality has been good.

I usually purchase plants online and like AquariumPlants.com for quality and service. Avoid azgardens as they are notorious for bad service.

I am a low tech Planted tank enthusiast having gotten started with Diane Walstad's book a few years ago. It has been great fun.
ravenmyth is offline  
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Cynth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmyth View Post
Great to see the interest in Idaho. I live up north but get to Boise occasionally and the 2 places to for LFS are Boise Freshwater Aquarium and Fish, Aquariums and Stuff. Both have some terrific tanks and their products are good.

The plant selection at both, as I've previously posted on this forum (2009?), is limited but quality has been good.

I usually purchase plants online and like AquariumPlants.com for quality and service. Avoid azgardens as they are notorious for bad service.

I am a low tech Planted tank enthusiast having gotten started with Diane Walstad's book a few years ago. It has been great fun.

Oh hey!

I saw you joined the Treasure Valley Aquarium Club recently. Chat us up we are pretty civilized

My Second Fluval EBI

My Fluval EBI

Fluval EBI Pimp #2
Planaria Rancher #9
Cynth is offline  
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Emmett, Idaho
Posts: 2
Talking Planted, aquascape & community tanks

I live in Emmett and love my planted tanks and am always looking to sell or trade plants and fish. I'm glad there are a few of us around the treasure valley. I run a 150 community tank. 80 gallon planted and am attempting to aquascape a frameless 20. Have a small shrimp and snail tank. I run co2 and am always looking for new ideas to make this hobby better. Love to hear from anyone with ideas. Love discus, rainbows or any planted tank fish for that matter.
terrymitchell77 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome