The Planted Tank Forum banner

SE Idaho anyone??

10K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  dreamchick 
#1 ·
The Echo in here is really loud! :icon_smil Are there any hobbyists in the Pocatello, Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls (I'm reaching here) areas on Planted Tank?

#2 ·
Well, I'm not that far east, but at least I'm a fellow Idahoan. I'm in Meridian (Boise Area).

#12 ·
Hi everyone. I live in Idaho Falls. I have been ordering plants from on-line stores, the selection here is pathetic. A few swords, and bog plants and that is it most of the time.
I am running a low-tech tank, 29gal with 1.7wpg. Going to be upgrading the lights a bit, but no too much.
Glad to meet everyone.

#13 ·
Yeah, I agree, Idaho's selection is aweful! I live in Caldwell Idaho and when i go to get fish i always go into boise to Boise Freshwater Aquarium off of Overland. 99% of my plants I have ordered online. All in all Idaho has a very poor selection. I am in North Idaho right now and might stop in somewhere tomorrow in Spokane. Will be in Portland around August 10th and will be stopping by a few different stores to see what kind of selection is in Portland. I have heard there are a few really good stores over there.

#14 ·
I think Fish Aquariums and Stuff on Fairview Ave in Boise is very good. I have had very good success with their fish even though I live 100+ miles from there. They do have a limited plant selection but everything I purchased from them has thrived with one exception where I chose a plant requiring more light than my low tech aquarium provides..

Boise Freshwater Aquarium on Overland has a broader selection of particularly cichlids and is visually more impressive with some of their huge tanks. Their plant selection is also fairly limited and I have not purchased plants from them.:fish:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.