any Hawaii users got shrimp? - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Send a message via AIM to hir0
any Hawaii users got shrimp?

I am currently looking into ordering some various shrimp. It's kinda of a process with agriculture getting them into Hawaii... but I'm considering trying it anyways sometime after the holidays. If anyone here is interested in a group buy thing let me know. Also if anyone here has some let me know Particularly interested in indian zebra / hong kong zebra / amano / crystal red shrimps.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Algae Grower

It seems like a good intention, but I don't believe any are on "the list". If you are able to get them approved by ag legally please let me know.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Planted Member
i've only seen the glass/ghosts and our native reds in the stores...

you can also by the commerical grade freshwater prawns... they're raised for food but one or two of them in a tank might be cool

then there's the neighborhood stream, lots of inverts in there including some natives...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

20g Tall Low Tech Planted
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Hey, I also wanted to buy some shrimp, but I guess most of them are not on the list xD

But there are wild cherries(the feeders) in Hawaii, so are RCS legal to bring in? Thanks!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Algae Grower
Stan at Pets Plus has some Cherry shrimps. I forgot the price.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Ah, really?! Ohh, interesting. Last time I checked at moderns pet, the guy said they were illegal, but I can't find anything on that xD It should be legal since they're the same species right?
And I'll go check it out this weekend, thanks for the heads up!

Oh, should they have it instores, or do I have to wait for him to bring them out? I never saw them the times I was there. And which one is stand xD
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Algae Grower
if you get them shipped through a vendor the post office doesnt really check. ibought crs and rcs in through the mail before.i bought them all through the swap and shop from this forum.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
But I wanna make sure they're legal. And if I do get some, I also wanna breed and ship them out for trades and stuff like that, so I don't wanna get in trouble xD
And still futile in finding anything on saying it's illegal to own them. It is illegal to have any agriculture shipped to hawaii without a permit/license though.... Is exporting the same?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Thanks, I just checked at pets plus and they normally carry rcs and crs, but no more crs, and little rcs(on display only), so I think I might just order them.

Now I want yellow and snowball shrimps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode