The Planted Tank Forum banner

Western Mass plant swap 2.0

5K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  newportjon 
#1 ·
So this post is to gauge people's interest in having our second plant swap. Is it too early to start planning the next one? We were thinking quarterly, right? So judging by the upcoming auctions, the biggest break we'll have coming up is between BAS on Oct 27 and DAAS on Jan 19 (assuming that no one is actually going all the way to Burlington for the auction there). So that puts us at the end of November or beginning of December, right near the 3 month mark from the last swap...

I'm thinking December 1, and we should be able to have it earlier in the day now that tattooedfool doesn't work Sundays :icon_wink

It should be indoors because of the cold, and novitt has offered before to host it in his house, so hopefully he will reply here if that is still an option...

As this comes to fruition, I will edit this post to the event details format of the last one...

#10 ·
well.. My browser killed my long and lovely response all about how much I love trading with you guys, even if it's for java moss.

I'll have a bunch of that rotala that tattooed bought at the cichlid auction.. (the pink rooted stuff) some blyza japonica, might have some hygrophila angustifolia and rotala macandra, and almost always I have alternanthera reineckii.

I've got some low grade cherries I'm looking to trade for other low grade cherries.. I need some genetic diversity in my colony.. (My colony has been known to throw blues and clears, so fair warning if you really don't want that much genetic diversity.)

#11 ·
So is this confirmation that people wanna do this December 1? I really enjoy it, too, 0live ;)

Any ideas of places to meet if novitt doesn't speak up about having it at his place? We'd be more than happy to have it at our place, but don't think people would want to drive up to Worthington (east of Northampton, up in the hilltowns)... I can also start looking into bars and restaurants, see if there are any good spots that would allow us.

#15 ·
I was joking :( I'm planning on going and I've arranged to purchase some mischlings from dreameryoyo whenever the plant swap is set for.

We could still meet in pvd, but is suggest maybe a meet by uncle Ned's, so we can still check out a LFS.

#16 ·
PVAS is planning a LFS trip early next year, and I think Uncle Ned's is one of the candidates. Either way, I'll let you all know where we're heading and you can meet us there :)

I'll go ahead and try to find a place in Northampton to meet near Yoyo's, and will set the date as December 1 if no one has any objections. Worst that I could see happening is a couple of us hang out for a bit, trade a few things, and 0live gets her mischlings...

0live, have you seen the shrimp tattooed got from my java moss? Natural colored Neos, don't know if you'd have any desire for a couple of them... not many left, though, as the gudgeons ate a lot of them lol.

#20 ·
0live needs her Yoyo fix, so it's gotta happen! Even if you two just show up, maybe we can just go out to eat or something to make it more worthwhile... Thinking a restaurant would be the best bet for an indoor place to have it anyway, although I still haven't found a good one :/ I'll try to make sure to get that done this weekend.

As for what I gots to trade, here is my list of plant species (some I may not have enough of to trade, just let me know if there's anything you're interested in and I'll see if I can spare any):

Alternanthera reineckii (Red Temple)
Anubias nana
Bacopa caroliniana
Bacopa lanigera
Bacopa madagascariensis
Bacopa monnieri
Bacopa salzmannii
Cabomba sp.
Chara sp.? (Stonewort)
Cryptocoryne lutea
Cryptocoryne spiralis
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'bronze'
Dracaena sanderiana (Lucky Bamboo)
Echinodorus amazonicus (Amazon sword)
Echinodorus tenellus/Helanthium tenellum (Pygmy chain sword)
Eichhornia diversifolia
Eleocharis acicularis (Dwarf hairgrass)
Eleocharis sp. (Hairgrass)
Heteranthera zosterifolia (Stargrass)
Hydrocotyle leucocephala (Brazilian pennywort)
Hygrophila difformis (Wisteria)
Hygrophila polysperma 'sunset'
Hygrophila polysperma (Dwarf hygro)
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis (Micro sword)
Ludwigia repens
Marsilea quadrifolia (Four-leaf clover)
Microsorum pteropus (Java fern)
Nesaea triflora
Nymphaea odorata (White lily)
Nymphaea stellata or zenkeri (Red tiger lotus)
Nymphoides aquatica (Banana plant)
Potamogeton robbinsii (Fern pondweed)
Rotala nanjenshan
Rotala rotundifolia
Sagittaria subulata (Dwarf sag)
Taxiphyllum barbieri (Java moss)

Floaters:
Lemna minor (Duckweed)
Limnobium laevigatum (Amazon frogbit)
Pistia stratioes (Dwarf water lettuce)
Salvinia minima

HOB plants:
Chlorophytum comosum (Spider Plant)
Epipremnum aureum (Pothos)
Syngonium podophyllum (Red Arrowhead)

Can also spare some Heterandria formosa, ramshorns, gold mystery snails, a couple of those shrimp, and possibly a baby marmokrebs...

#21 ·
So there's a little coffee and tea shop like three doors down from Yoyo's called Sip that seems like a good place really close, but might not be enough room depending on if people are there.

And tonight I'll try to check out Northampton Brewery, which is just around the corner but I hear has couches and a lot more space...

#22 ·
Yeah I have a shrimp problem. I might hold off on getting some more shrimp.. I need to cut back my spending.

I just spent $$ on shrimp that were delayed in the post and arrived dead. So I'm SOL on a refund.. Keeping my spending down right now is probably not a bad idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.