The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New and improved Plant Database ~ need submissions!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
PTrader: (26/100%)
New and improved Plant Database ~ need submissions!

Kyle worked long and hard on revamping the Fish and Plant Databases here on the Planted Tank. They now have a clean, fresh look and are much more user friendly. Take a look ~ they're now accessible from the "Fish Profiles" and "Plant Profiles" links at the top of each page. All of the profiles from the old databases have been moved into them, but they still need more profiles.

Here's where you come in...

If you have a good photo of a fish or plant, upload it! If you don't see a profile listed for your particular fish or plant, add it! If you don't know the details about the fish or plant, do a quick Google search and compare two or three sites' information to make sure the info you're adding is accurate. It's easy! If you don't want to go to the trouble of adding a new profile, but have photos you won't mind being posted, PM them to me and I'll do the legwork.

Don't have any photos? You can still help! Look up some fish or plants you have experience with and add a comment to as many as you like. Real experience from real people is what will make these databases invaluable resources for new and old aquarists alike.

If anybody has any questions about this ~ what to add, how to add it, etc. ~ feel free to post here or PM me. I'll be glad to help you any way I can.

~ Linda ~
Help the Fish Database and Plant Database grow!
10Gallon Shrimp Tank
How many watts do I need to make my swimming pool a high light tank?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome