The Planted Tank Forum banner

New Aquatics Store in Duluth

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Reeferjohn 
#1 ·
I heard that there is a new fish store in Duluth off Meadlock Bridge Rd. Someone told me its close to where the Duluth Petland used to be, but I dont recall the name or exact location.
If anyone has been there please let me know the name and location.
Thanks,
jesstray

#2 ·
dont know if this is what your talking about Marine Designs Atlanta, but this store was AWSOME!!! the have a very awsome selection of saltwater, and hes going to start carrying RCS on a regular basis.. He was the only place in town which i could find African Filter Shrimp, which to be honest i didnt expect anyone to carr localy... and they offer 10% off wich is rad!! go check it out!

#3 ·
where is it exactly? I would love to check it out this weekend.

#5 ·
Its getting harder and harder to find a good aquatics store here in Atlanta. Ever since the Duluth Petland closed, I have been ordering everything online.

#6 ·
Not sure how far you are willing to travel...but about an hour maybe hour and a half a way, in carrollton there is an amazing freshwater and saltwater shop, privately owned, never seen a dead or sick fish in there EVER and his prices are more than reasonable...and he can order whatever you need and have it for you that same week!

Guess it depends on what you are looking to get...not sure if fish will survive the 1 1/2 hr drive...but if you are getting plants or something else...then it really is an amazing place!

#9 ·
Ken Davis became their aquatics manager several months ago. Ken is the VP of our Atlanta Area Aquarium Association. He has been breeding and selling for ages and has excellent contacts in the wholesale business. You will find livestock there that you will not find anywhere else. Ken isn't a big plant guy but they do have a better selection than most local stores.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.