The Planted Tank Forum banner

Co2 refills near Marietta

11K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  confusion 
#1 ·
Does anybody know of any places where you can get your tank refilled while waiting, near Marietta GA.

#4 ·
I got mine filled at a fire extinguisher shop between Canton and Woodstock. It was a little pricey though. I believe it was like $40 for a 10lb tank. I am going to shop around when I get a new tank.

Its good to see some fellow Georgians on the board! Maybe we can trade some plants or fish or something.

#6 ·
wow, thats high . . .

I wonder if the co2 I get from PraxAir could be used in a aquarium?

It may have gone up (my bottle lasts me 4-5 months for the little projects I do) but still my tank is chest high and much larger than a 10lbs bottle (use those for nitrous :thumbsup: ).

You can buy 80cf bottles for $120, they are used but all of them are tested.

#13 ·
http://www.beveragecontrol.net/

it only takes a couple minutes and the price is fantastic.
$9 for 5lb tank.

they dont refill after a certain time (i think like 3pm or something like that) so call before you decide to just show up.

Thanks
Read your post last week. I got my regulator and tanks in this week and went by Wed afternoon (2:30) and had my 2 5lb tanks filled for $9 each. Very quick and nice people. CO2 isn now running on both of my 55's.

#10 ·
I am just starting out with CO2 systems, so I am not a good reference for how expensive $3/lb is. All I can say is that it seems to me to be a good deal at Cliffs, since I am in Woodstock as well, and getting to Tucker during the week before 3pm is not feasible for me. Now if they are open on Sat, my thinking could change. My 5lb canister is on schedule to arrive on Monday and it is filled, so I guess I have a few months to figure it all out.

I really can't wait to get everything set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.