The Planted Tank Forum banner

Marine Fish and Reef is Moving!! (Premier Aquatics Grand Opening 1/14/2012!)

10K views 64 replies 19 participants last post by  LucentDoom 
#1 · (Edited)
As the title of the thread states, we are moving. As well as changing our name officially to Premier Aquatics. My store owners bought a stand alone building on Roswell Rd near the 120 Loop. It used to be the Trutech building.

We have upgraded all of our tanks and systems. We are also going to be doing a complete overhaul of our freshwater section. I'm going to have 3 full planted systems to work with. Planning on doing them Low/Med/High tech, but that kind of stuff is still up in the air. Also going to have a system for Discus. I'm going to be in charge of ordering all the plants and fish.

So please come and see me at the new store. Also if anyone has plants or breeds fish in the area please let me know I'm interested. I'm hoping to do away with wholesalers and deal with breeders and nice fish/plant farms. Trying to get better quality fish.

Grand Opening date: 1/14/2012

New store address...

1801 Roswell Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062

Our big Premier Aquatics box truck is parked out front.

EDIT

15% OFF to all AAAA members for the entire purchase!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
That's awesome, and a lot closer :)
Can't wait to visit the new store.

I have GBR fry that probably will be ready to sell in 2 months.

#3 ·
Hi Jakub, i got some red wag swordtails, they are about 7 months now, looks like i have to males and 9 females. they are about an inch big so far, but let me know if you want them. and i just got a new litter of almost 20 new ones, so when they get big enough i can supply you with those too. just hit me up.

Jan

#12 ·
Thanks for coming in Tim! I got those new sliding doors in. So all the plumping isn't exposed anymore. We put Premier logos on them.

New store looks great!! I encourage people to go by and check out the new space. So much nicer and more organized than the old place. Tanks are larger and I can't wait to see the new stock Jakub is bringing into the FW section.
Was good seeing you at the store. I was told I can do my fish order Wednesday. So that means I will have fish Thursday/Friday. Plants hopefully along side of them.

That's great!!! Will ya'll be open Monday?
We are definitely open. 12am - 7pm on Mondays. But it's my only day off right now I won't be there on Monday unfortunately.

Hi Jakub, i got some red wag swordtails, they are about 7 months now, looks like i have to males and 9 females. they are about an inch big so far, but let me know if you want them. and i just got a new litter of almost 20 new ones, so when they get big enough i can supply you with those too. just hit me up.

Jan

I'm really I sorry I never responded to this. I just now noticed I over looked the post =/ Are you looking to constantly breed or are you just trying to get rid of some fish at the moment. Normal when people bring in fish I give out store credit that is good for any live stock (Fish/Plants/Coral). But if you looking to bring in fish at a regular basis than maybe we can work out a payment deal.

#14 ·
I recommend you come in Friday/Saturday this week. I will have my full stock by then for sure. Any plants your looking for in specific? If so I can make sure to get them in if they are on my ordering lists. Not much going on as far as sales go. We had a 2-3 week sale at the old store for closing so the owners want to get back on normal prices for a bit. But I can probably work deals with on live stock. Esp if your looking to get a decent amount.

#17 ·
The Blyxa Japonica I should hopefully be able to get. The Staurogyne might be a little harder. Check back with me like wed night or thur and I'll let you know if they came up on my lists.

#19 ·
Hi, jakub

Jakub: Nice meeting you today. Glad I was able to come by your new location. Hope the angels I brought you work out well. I'll touch base with you next week to see if you'd like some more.

Thanks!

Larry c.

PS- I put out some additional information on your new location on the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association forum.

#21 ·
Jakub: Nice meeting you today. Glad I was able to come by your new location. Hope the angels I brought you work out well. I'll touch base with you next week to see if you'd like some more.

Thanks!

Larry c.

PS- I put out some additional information on your new location on the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association forum.
The angels are doing great. All of them acclimated just fine. And some already have a new home =) If it keeps up I'll def. will want some more next week. Thank you for the Quad A post as well, that is much appreciated. Let me know the usually price that you get for your angels so I can try and make sure we match it next time.

Just wanted to say I stopped by last week and the place looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing everything once you get fully stocked. Do you think you may be able to get some p. gertrudaes?
Thanks for coming in! Actually one of my regulars requested that exact fish tonight. So I'm already going to be looking out for it on my lists. I'll let you know if I can get a hold of them.

#23 ·
Thank you. You should def. come see the new store. It's still a work in progress, but I'm slowly pushing freshwater section into the right direction. There is still much I want to do/change. Hopefully in a few weeks we will have our new invert system built. It's going to take us like another 6 months to fully finish the store.

On a side note I finally got my first decent plant order in....

My current plant list off the top of my head. So I might miss something...

Cabomba
Anacharis
Wysteria
Parrot Feather
Madagascar Lace
Rotala Indica
Dragon Tongue
Myrio, Filigree
Ludwigia Red
Ludwigia Peruensis
Ludwigia Ovalis
Anubias Nana
Anubias Minima
Anubias Coffeefolia
Asst. Anubias (Mainly Lanceolata var.)
Giant Hygro
Java Fern
Java Moss
A MASSIVE Lily Mother Plant. (I'm selling the bulbs coming off it for 1$)
Narrow Leaf Chain Sword
Dwarf Sag
Cork Screw Val
Red Jungle Val
Bronze Crypt Wendtii
Asst. Crypts
Moss Balls
Tiger Lotus Bulbs
Red Rubin Swords
Green Ozelot Swords
Broad Leaf Amazon Swords
Amazon Swords
Radican Swords
Red Melon Swords
Oriental Swords
Brazil Pennywort
Pennywort

I also have the following dwarf shrimp on order...

Red Cherry
Red Crystal
Blackberry
Orange

#24 ·
Sneak Preview. Might move the wood on the left. Sorry for the glare.

Tomorrow I get to aquascape it. The best part about my job =)

#36 ·
Just want to say thanks to Jakub. I stopped by yesterday and the place looks great and he and the rest of the staff there are highly knowledgeable and helpful.

Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see the discus tank!
Thanks for coming in. I'm glad you like the place =) I get my first Hans Discus order in next week I hope

Hey, I am planning on being in Atlanta next weekend. (2-11). I want to visit sometime Saturday afternoon. What time will you be there. I need some plants for a brackish set up I am working on and do you have any Siamese Algae Eaters??
I will be there from open to close on Saturday. We open at 10:00 am and close at 6:00pm that day. I usually take my lunch break around 1-2pm. I do have SAEs =)

#35 ·
Hey, I am planning on being in Atlanta next weekend. (2-11). I want to visit sometime Saturday afternoon. What time will you be there. I need some plants for a brackish set up I am working on and do you have any Siamese Algae Eaters??

#38 ·
Sorry for not seeing this earlier =/. I do not have any HC at the moment. I will let you know if I can get some in for next week.

#39 ·
Hey Jakub,
got to finally meet you, i hope you like my fish and they will find a new home soon. the store looks great, a lot of fish and plants to choose from. i love that planted tank, it's gonna look great when you put those discus fish in it. looking forward to see you again.

Jan

#40 ·
The fish are doing great =). Thank you for coming to see me! Sorry it was a bit hectic today. We were really busy, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining about that haha.

#42 ·
Hey Jakub! It was good to finally meet you and see the new store. The place looks great, I was impressed with the selection of both plants and fish. I know Saturday was very busy so I am glad we had a chance to chat on Sunday. The fish and plants made the 4 hour trip home just fine and are now exploring their new homes. This gives me new incentive to get my bigger tank up and running and I will let you know when to order those Long Finned Zebra's. The store will be on my list of visits anytime I make it to Atlanta.

#44 ·
Hey Jakub! It was good to finally meet you and see the new store. The place looks great, I was impressed with the selection of both plants and fish. I know Saturday was very busy so I am glad we had a chance to chat on Sunday. The fish and plants made the 4 hour trip home just fine and are now exploring their new homes. This gives me new incentive to get my bigger tank up and running and I will let you know when to order those Long Finned Zebra's. The store will be on my list of visits anytime I make it to Atlanta.
I'm very glad they all made it ok! Bigger is always better! *grin* Hopefully next time you come in we will have the store closer to being finished. It's a big work in progress but I think it's been coming along nicely. Once again I'm really glad both you and the fishes made it home safely =)

The store looks awesome

And those 2 Black mollys, they are a hit, putted them in the 125 yesterday, in the first second they were grazing on the algae already.

Thanks Nalu. Coming from you that means alot since you weren't too fond with the condition of the last store haha. Tomorrow (Wednesday) is Discus day!! I'm getting my first Discus Hans order in finally. I'm excited to say the least! Oh and in case you were wondering the systems are doing great now. We added big micron filters on my systems and they are making a huge difference. The tanks are pretty much crystal clear now and no signs of anything funky on any of my fish =)

Here is a little video update from the other week on my little ones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMhpd9-ygEM&list=UUbQ_OB4z5EEFnhUyRwtkbJw&index=1&feature=plcp

#43 ·
The store looks awesome :)
And those 2 Black mollys, they are a hit, putted them in the 125 yesterday, in the first second they were grazing on the algae already.

#47 ·
I'll second that! Met Jakub today and got a Madagascar Lace plant and some nerites! I really like the shop, the salt selection is off the wall and the freshwater section is superb. Nice to see a shop that has dedicated plant tanks and the lone RCS in the middle tank was funny. Great selection of supplies and hardware for everyone. They had allot of large tank setups as well.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.