The Planted Tank Forum banner

Athens, GA.

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  zapus 
#1 ·
I would like to get together with other people interested in Planted Tanks located in the Athens, GA. area. Maybe we could meet monthly for fellowship and to trade plants. It would also help us out because the LFS's in the area would be willing to get us stuff at a good rate if we group order. ie Cherry Shrimp, Amano's, and other exotics without us having to worry about losses shipping to ourselves.

What do you think?

#4 ·
I know, but I am trying to get a Planted Tank club going in Athens. It's kinda hard to drive 120 miles round trip for the Atlanta group.

#6 ·
Great :proud: . I will be putting up a website in the next few days and posting to some of the other planted boards. Hopefully we can start next month.

#12 ·
I dropped the ball on this one big time. How about we setup a time to meet at Loco's on the West side of Athens one Wednesday night in the near future. We can then discuss how to proceed from there.

#15 ·
This thread is a few months old now, and I do not know if your plans ever went anywhere, but just to give you a heads up, Aquarium Outfitters in Athens is one of my dealers, and brought in some pretty rare plants last month, (I don't know if they are all sold by now or not) and they are very anxious to cater to the planted tank hobbyist. If you got a club going, I know they would be interested in hosting your meetings. They would also be interested in having help from anyone to set up more planted display tanks. I am not sure what they currently have.

It is rare to find a store this willikng to get involved in our hobby. If you have a chance, go into the store, check it out, talk to the manager, tell them what kind of plants they should get, and offer them any suggestions. They are very open and receptive to any ideas. Ask for Cory.

#19 ·
If anything ever came of it, I never heard about it. I'm still around, though my tank has been somewhat neglected of late. It's overgrown with crypts (sold to me as C. balansae, though I have my doubts about the id, as they seem to be a bit short. If you'd like some, let me know. The last I heard of Zach I think was in Atlanta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.