The Planted Tank Forum banner

Premier Aquatics - Texas Select Driftwood Now In Stock!!!

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  aXio 
#1 ·
We just got access to some Texas Select Driftwood!!!

I snatched up as many pieces as I could. This is the same wood that the famous aquascaping company ADG out of Texas uses in a lot of their tanks. It is beautiful fully cured and dead wood. So no weird slimy stuff from it dying off like Spiderwood or Mopani. I have tested out some larger pieces at home last week and it floats for the first 4-5 days then starts to sink. Tannins aren't bad either... I got most of them out with one water change.

But best thing about this driftwood is how BEAUTIFUL it is! A nice fresh option to the typical dark brown almost black Malaysian and bog woods. It has really nice red and rustic coloring. And I was able to get some nice branch pieces very similar to Manzanita wood.

But I will let the pictures do the talking. This is just an example of what we have in-stock...

See less See more
#7 ·
Sorry lack of response on this thread over the past few days. I don't get a chance to check on here as often because it isn't a local forum.

We do not have a selection list. These piece are in-store sales only and are first come first serve. So you would have to visit our store location to check them out in person. I have a lot more pictures of the wood on our Facebook page.

Here is our information...

Premier Aquatics
(formerly Marine Fish and Reef Inc)

Premier Aquatics, is a full service business, from design to installation and maintenance, we can handle all your aquarium needs, the only limit is your imagination. We also have a beautiful retail store with a full saltwater and freshwater section. We specialize in hard to get fish, inverts, corals, and plants. Ordering and importing from all over the world.

Address:

1801 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062

Phone:

Retail ~ (770) 321-8404
Service ~ (678) 453-3991

Hours:

Monday - Saturday = 10:00AM - 8:00PM <--- NEW HOURS!!
Sunday = Noon - 6:00PM <--- NEW HOURS!!

Unfortunately we do not do any shipping at this time. I don't have too much information on the wood. The place I'm getting it from calls it "Western" driftwood. But I have confirmed from the actual supplier of the wood in Texas that it is the same stuff as the "Texas Select Driftwood" ADG was/is using.

I have had it in my own tank for 2 weeks now. Tannin are almost gone. Driftwood is now "neutral buoyant" meaning it just even so slightly floating now. I can easily push it down into the tank with out is shooting back up to the surface. I would guess it should fully sink on it's own within the next week or so. All the fish in the tank are perfectly fine. I will do some more digging for you guys and I will take some shots of the 120g I have the wood in at my house. It is truly dead and fully cured. Wood like this can be dangerous when not fully dead, but that is not the case here... at least not with this first 500lb shipment.

Jakub

Please call the store for pricing questions (770) 321-8404

#8 ·
Being in the area of Central Texas, this is an easy wood for me to spot as it is one of the more commonly found types. I use it often and can freely say that it is safe to use. But that is where the common myth comes into play. Many say it is not safe to use cedar. This is most likely not truly cedar but the very common juniper which creates the local "cedar" fever. Known as cedar by most folks but not really cedar?

#9 ·
+1

This wood is very "cedar like" but I can confirm it isn't actually Cedar. Something very similar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.