The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anybody from South East CT?

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  JerSaint 
#1 ·
I live in Mystic, looking for locals that want to trade clipping and/or fry. Anybody around?

#2 ·
hey there ~

I'm not in Ct., but I had to say hi. I'm from Old Lyme, and after college I lived in New London, above the Companion Animal Hospital. Worked at Framers Of The Lost Art frame shop in Mystic (are they still around?) and loved to see and hear the Sabino go by the frame shop in the summer - how I miss it! Miss the Fife and Drum parades, too - nobody here gets it - lol.
~ Cindy ~

#3 ·
Hi Cindy!

Thanks for the reply! Framers is still there as is the Sabino. Mystic is Great a lot has changed but a lot has remained. I am running out the door but will check out your tanks this afternoon!:icon_smil

#5 ·
Sounds good Dski13! I will have some Crypt "Wendtii" and Water Wisteria soon. Let me know when and we can trade. Good Luck with the new tank!

#7 ·
Anywhere in CT is good! Thanks again to Alliper for the ROAK. The mosses,DHG and java fern are all growing in!:icon_smil

#9 ·
Nice Minja! You fishing for Stripers or Blues? I Love Mystic Aquarium. We will have to catch up some time and work out a trade of plant for plant. I would am also a avid fisherman. Tight lines to you!

#11 ·
OOPS! That DHG is starting to grab hold. I am sure when you are ready I will have some for you.:cool:

#14 ·
Sweet Mikezilla! I am up for drive most of the time as well.

#15 ·
Hi to everyone that has posted,
I hope this thread will stimulate some local intrest for trades(plants and or fish) and other opportunities(bundled purchases{?}). Post up anything you have available. Thanks! :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Hi Enlender,
We are real close I am on the Groton side of Mystic as well. I will hopefully have some Bolivian Ram fry available in a month or so.

#21 ·
Dident realize there were so many on this side of the state! I will be more active on here over the summer months when I am not doing as much work for DEP fisheries! Trying to set up a fish hatchery! Ill post all about it over the summer when its done for the year!

***edit*** I think we have identical avitar pics. albies at the race? lol

#25 ·
Yup Metallicanick78 Albies just off the race still on the backside of fishers but damn close!:red_mouth

#26 ·
Hi All,
I am going to be selling a sweet piece of mopani with Java fern attached. I will try and sell it locally on this board and CL. PM me if interested $15 for local pick up by a TPT members.:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.