||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Meeting Notice, Schedule of events!
Schedule of Events:
- May 3rd, Colorado Aquarium Society Meeting, details below:
- May 4th Rocky Mountain Killifish meeting in Aurora at the home of Tory Brown, 2:00-4:00.
- May 18th Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association meeting at the Colorado Academy, Littleton CO.
- June 6th Colorado Aquarium Society Meeting
- June 8th Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association meeting at the Colorado Academy, Littleton CO.
An invitation to attend the Colorado Aquarium Society Meeting Friday May 2rd !
Our meetings are on the First Friday of each month, beginning at 7:30 P.M., at the First Universalist Church of Denver, 4101 E Hampden Ave, Denver, CO, on the N.E corner of Hampden Ave. and Colorado Boulevard. Our monthly meetings include a keynote speaker on fish topics, a Bowl show with some special fish on display, and a monthly mini-auction of plants, fish and equipment. If you enjoy the aquarium hobby and want to learn more about your fish, if you want to have access to new species and new varieties, join us once a month for a very fishy experience. Non-members, visitors and guests are always welcome.
- Friday, May 2rd, 7:30, Dr. Vicki Aber will present a program on Patio Water Gardens, plants and outdoor waterscaping. We will have a forum discussion of the different fish and plants you may want to move outside in the summer. From a small container of water on the patio to large ponds, there are a lot of plants and fish that you can use in water-scape containers and ponds. Keep your fish happy with a summer outdoor vacation. Just in time to help you get that patio pot or koi pond ready for summer.
- We have some pond plants coming for the mini-auction.
- Our Bowl show for May will be non-native Killifish, species not native to the US, shown in pairs or twos. Angels fish, shown in pairs.
- Your growth contest fish is due back for judging.
- A new growth contest fish will be given out.
Tanks: 2@100, 2@75 12@55, 5@40, 2@30, 30@29, 45@20, 10@10, auto water change system, all planted, endangered and extinct in the wild fish, many C.A.R.E.S list, lots and lots of angels, discus and anything challenging. Currently have many Killifish (Blue Gularis & 6 other types). My hobby is changing water.... +koi pond, planted outdoor tanks in garden.
I'm going to trying to attend meetings regularly and want to start bringing some fish in for these bowl shows. Trying to figure out which pair to bring in next month, I think I have it narrowed down between two.
Planted Tank Guru
Hopefully now that bowling season is over I might be able to get down there to a couple meetings. Depends on traffic though, going from boulder to the meetings is a bit of a chore during traffic.