Colorado Local Fish Stores - Page 27 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #391 of 422 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

Plants. Seems to me there is a two week delivery cycle. I used to try and figure this out. But essentially all the local (south Denver) fish stores seem to get plants from the same distributor on the same Thursday every two weeks depending on what they sell and order. The real point being that you might want to call and ask before driving any distance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 422 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

bump, if a mod sees this can we sticky it?
post #393 of 422 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Planted Member

I went to Fish Den on Saturday while I was down in Denver delivering some fish. Its a lot larger store than I've been in before. They have alot of tanks creatively put in a little mini-maze that reminded me of alot of haunted houses. =) Stock looked healthy in all the freshwater tanks (didn't look at saltwater) and they had several fish I had been looking for so bought more than I planned of course. Also one of the only places I've found methelyene blue at so I snagged a small bottle. They still didn't have any pygmy cories but they do have Fire Red/Sakura/Malawi shrimp marked as normal cherry shrimp (I grabbed 6 of them to add to my mini colony) and some Crystal Red Shrimp but I don't know the grades well enough to tell what they were.
post #394 of 422 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

do u know if they have any gbr?
post #395 of 422 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

Denver Tropical Fish Warehouse appears to be out of business, tried going this last weekend and couldn't find them and their number was disconnected. There is another one near Havana and Yale that is in the process of going out of business and clearing out their stock and tanks.
post #396 of 422 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Planted Member

They did when I was there on Saturday. I picked up what I HOPE is a pair but I'm new to them so not sure what I have. The 2 I picked up were in great condition and are happily puttering around one of my 30 gallon tanks with some purple striped apple snails I am growing out. GORGEOUS colors on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by du3ce View Post
do u know if they have any gbr?
post #397 of 422 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Wannabe Guru

cool im planning on trading my bows and gourami for them
post #398 of 422 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Planted Member

Anyone seen any tiger lotus bulbs locally? Not the dried up ones you see in Petsmart, but ones with a leaf or three, already growing in an aquarium. Would prefer red, but would take either at this point. Rather not order online at this point with the weather.

Tanks:
26 Gallon Aqueon Bowfront

Mr.Aqua 7.5 Gallon Cube
2.5 Gallon Aqueon Bowfront
post #399 of 422 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

aqua imports in boulder usually have them
post #400 of 422 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyry View Post
Anyone seen any tiger lotus bulbs locally? Not the dried up ones you see in Petsmart, but ones with a leaf or three, already growing in an aquarium. Would prefer red, but would take either at this point. Rather not order online at this point with the weather.
getting an actual bulb is a bit tough, looks as though the vendors usually keep ahold of the bulbs, and sell the plants.

Aqua imports usually has the plants, and if they are cared for properly they will eventually grow baby plants and more bulbs. You can get the copper colored one from the Walmart bulb pack, but the red or green tiger lotus is usually a LFS only thing.
post #401 of 422 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Planted Member

I had one with a nice bulb, but one day the bulb detached and rotted inside out. The plant didn't survive the tank transition to soil. Think it lost too many roots, as they had taken over 2/3 of the tank.

Tanks:
26 Gallon Aqueon Bowfront

Mr.Aqua 7.5 Gallon Cube
2.5 Gallon Aqueon Bowfront
post #402 of 422 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Algae Grower

The Fish Crew in Fort Collins

The Fish Crew in Fort Collins had a good plant selection. I saw some red tiger lotus. But again just rooted not with a bulb.
post #403 of 422 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Planted Member

I will second that the Fish Crew in Fort Collins has a really great selection of plants. I stopped by on a whim one day and was really impressed both by their stock and by the overall appearance of the store. It's all really bright and clean and well kept.

It's worth your time to stop by and see what they have to offer.
post #404 of 422 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Aquarium Outfitters closed. Didn't even stay open a whole year. Seemed like it had potential but their location was bad and I heard about conflicts between owners wanting to be an LFS and one owner wanting to be LFS + Reptiles.
post #405 of 422 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Neptune's had GBR's, electric blue GBRs, and Bolivian rams.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode