The Planted Tank Forum banner

Sacramento Area LFS

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Alyssa 
#1 ·
Any great LFSs out there that I'm not aware of and need to check out? I'm still heartbroken that Capitol Aquarium went out of business. My main stores have been:

- Aqualife (Rocklin)
- JoJo Aquarium
- Aqua Workz

#6 ·
Aqua Workz and Jojo's aquarium are the two nicer ones around the Sacramento area. I do find it hard to find good healthy plants being sold in almost every store. Most of the time the local sotres don't sell the more exotic variety that you can get here from the forums.

I usually get "plants-in-a-bag" from Petsmart @ corner of Bighorn and Laguna Blvd. Exotic is a hit and miss. They do have a huge selection of fish but the plants depend if they just got new stock.

Aquarium Depot is a small place. I think they are smaller than Jojo's. I don't remember if they sell a lot of plants.

#7 ·
I have been getting incredible plants from extra-plant on evil bay. They are half the price of all the lfs and arrive in perfect condition. I have used them 5 times and they deliver right to my door. Never ever had a problem.

#9 · (Edited)
aqua workz and aquarium depot are the two I frequent. both carry a great selection and the prices aren't bad. if you go dollar amount aquarium depot can't be beat. this weekend cardinal tetras and rummy nose tetras for 99 cents and they are a good stock. also my two rams that I had prior to joe gargas rams lived the longest at 3 years. Overall if I was closer to aquarium depot I would go there exclusively.

#10 ·
Aquarium depot is great, and worth it. Now they are a Ada distributor and will be carrying all kinds of rimless tanks too. Ada, mr Aqua and Aqua top. Jojo is supposedly going out of business end of the month

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.