The Planted Tank Forum banner

Found CO2 Paintball Refills Near San Francisco.

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  jester56 
#1 ·
The new Dick's sporting goods store at Serramonte fills paintball co2 canisters. Get 4 fills and the fifth ones free. FYI... They do not rehydrotest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
I've run into the same problem around San Francisco. About a month ago, on a trip down to San Jose, I found a place in Fremont called Your PB Friend that filled my tanks. Its quite a ways from SF but was literally the only place that was open and had CO2. Hope you find a place to help you.

#8 ·
Both sports authority and dicks claim to have broken refill equipment. Thing that pissed me off the most is when I called both stores before driving to them to make sure they can refill my canister and if the machine is working and both place said yes, Dicks phone rep also place me on hold to ask a manager and was told yes. But when I got there they said no the machine is down. Waste of time and not even a sorry.

#12 ·
When I first arrived at dicks I went straight to the cashier since I dont know where anything was Dicks in daly city is a big size store and its my first time there. He told me to go upstairs and all the way to the corner where the guns were. I ask him if he can just help me double check again before I run up and he radio someone and told me yes. When I got to the gun area I went to the rep and ask him to refill my tank and he refused saying that the equipment was broken. I was super pissed and you can see it in my face. I told him I called and also checked with someone in the store before coming up here and was told that you can freaking waste of time. I was gonna to yelp a review but decided I wont give my business to dicks again instead.

I'm currently in the process of switching to the 5lb or 10lb canister. Doing a swap at AFA cost $30 for 5lb and $40 for 10lb or I can take it to air gas place to just refill it for $20 since Dicks only refil paintball tanks this will save time and headache for me and will last much longer.

#13 ·
I'm currently in the process of switching to the 5lb or 10lb canister. Doing a swap at AFA cost $30 for 5lb and $40 for 10lb or I can take it to air gas place to just refill it for $20 since Dicks only refil paintball tanks this will save time and headache for me and will last much longer.

Just a heads up, if you want to go the airgas route don't buy a nice looking one, you will never see it again.

#14 ·
For those of you that have 20 oz. CO2 tanks, or paintball tanks - Academy, S.A. and Dick's don't really have the trained people to handle fills. They do what's called "cascade" fill. There's no pump to pull the CO2 from the cylinder. They dump CO2 into the tank. IF the conditions are right, you might get a tank filled to about 17 oz. If the tank is warm(er), it might fill to 10-12 oz. If this is the case, the tank has to be vented and enough CO2 released to chill the tank. Then refill the tank up to it's rated weight. (CO2 tanks are filled by weight). Most "store associates" have no idea how to vent and refill a tank. They just open the valve and let the tank take what it will. Hydro certification of CO2 tanks is required every five years. But it runs around $25 for hydro and you can buy a new tank for about $23.

I would suggest that you guys in San Francisco use a paintball shop, which it looks like some of you already have. Or look for the local paintball fields. They are usually equipped to furnish CO2 fills.

Amazon has 5 lb. Catalina CO2 cylinders brand new for around $67. If you like the nice, shiny cylinder, don't swap it. You get crap back with no telling what kind of stuff built up around the valve. Again, if you get a paintball shop that has a knowledgeable tech, they can fill the 5's. If you haven't guessed, I work in a paintball shop and I fill 5's all the time. They use them for Kegerators, so there's a lot of traffic for filling them. I've had my 5 going for about 3 months now. Save lots of leg work... :nerd:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.