The Planted Tank Forum banner

Official East BAY Meet Up...Sat. Sept. 28th...3PM...Walnut Creek..roll call needed.

4K views 53 replies 11 participants last post by  talontsiawd 
#1 · (Edited)
Update:
Official time and date:
Saturday, September 28th
3:00 PM
Walnut Creek, OVT's place

If you don't know the secret location, PM me for address.

I know there is SFBAAPS, a legit site, group, club. I have talked to member OVT, and we talked about starting a little group out here in the East East Bay, basically east of the Caldecott Tunnel. I am thinking Orinda to Antioch areas. Anyone outside of that area is welcome, we just were talking and we don't have the time to travel to the South Bay, SF, and the like. I just want to start something more localized and OVT is on board.

If you are interested, please PM me with your full name, email, and phone.

We want a group that just likes to have fun. I am hesitant to put this out but I am thinking 21 and up, at least 18 and up. I don't want to disclude anyone but, as of now, we would have meet ups at my home or OVT's home and just want to feel comfortable with out guests.

Please let me know if you are interested. Rather than a club, I am thinking of a "meet up group", nothing formal, you just show up if you want to. Let me know.

My goal is a group that loves what we do, have a place to hang out, exchange some plants and get rid of old equipment we know someone else needs (free or fee on that).

Matt Tammen
(925) 212-3217
matt.tammen@gmail.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
The age is mostly to make some of our activities semi-legal. The highlight of the meets is chugging vodka from my high-clarity Finnex 4g. If you expect tank fishing, a valid CA fishing license is required and I do enforce size limits. If you plan to play with the dog, up-to-date rabies vacination is checked at the door.
:)

v3

#3 ·
Haha, you said it well. I think we are going for the hang out spot more than the educational open house. It's not that I want the wildest aquatic plant group in the nation, I just don't mind if we do:icon_evil:).

Really though, I just want some chill people to congregate, share ideas, and get outside the net.

We already have one interested customer who will remain nameless unless he would like to chime in. Unfortunately we don't charge anything.

#8 ·
Looks like we are getting some interest. I have told a few, I want to get something going soon but it will be at least 2 weekends from today. If OVT is hosting, I should probably run that by him. Again, please PM or email me your full name, email address and phone number.

For everyone out of the area who is interested, that is no problem. We probably want to make our meet ups to stay around this area, I don't mind going out of my way every now and them but many people I have talked always say they wish they had something closer so that's why I am thinking this area for now. That may change over time.

#13 ·
So, I am sorry I haven't been on top of this. Just got married this weekend, leaving town tomorrow. After Thursday I can get on top of things. I will contact OVT and see if his spot is when his availability is. We can do my house as well but OVT's spot is much more interesting. I am hoping we all can get together sooner than later. I will update this as I get more together.

#14 ·
Curious what people's availability is next weekend. I haven't talked to OVT to see if his house is open but if there is enough interest, I can do my house. I don't have much going on tank wise right now so my spot isn't the most interesting. I will be out of town again 2 weekends from now so I won't be around then. Just want to get this started.

#24 ·
A female Great Dane?

Anything aquatic related if you want to barter or unload the staff you don't need.

UN-expired food (ah, beverages) otherwise.

A friend / loved one / or both.

A change of clothes if you like doing yard work / house cleaning / car washing.

Cash.

v3

#25 ·
I didn't know if we were going to get to this in our first meeting but I do feel everyone should bring any clipping or plants they don't care for. I don't think it should be a requirement but one of my goals for this group is to have some sort of plant exchange going on. I know some people will want to sell as well, that's fine, but I do want a place where we all can trade things around and know what members may want some clippings and the like.

#27 ·
That's why we had to start this, we all feel everyone lives to far west and south of us. So meets out here are still in the Bay Area but are still over an hour away, no traffic.

Where are you from? I am thinking Sacramento area for some reason. Anyway, we do have a few members interested who are pretty far north who feel this is closer. We welcome everyone, we just want to keep our meetings to a reasonable distance for our East Bay people. If you want to make the trip, we welcome everyone from up north.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.