The Planted Tank Forum banner

Java Moss, Mini Riccia in So Cal?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  astrosag 
#1 ·
Ahh, found the right place to post this - finally!

Was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sells java moss (for relatively cheap) and dwarf riccia in so cal, preferably east san gabriel valley.

Tong's usually has one ball of java moss for something like $30. That's a bit pricey no?

Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
hey, there's a pet store in Monterey Park called 'Central Pet' 1950 atlantic blvd.

They sell a 100 gram wad (with the water squeezed out) for $20, or small portions for $2.99

There is a large aquarium outside on the patio with all of the large clumps of moss, half of it looks brown and dead but I suppose if tied down, the healthy moss would take over.

They also have the largest selection of plants I've seen from any LFS. Anubias, crypts, stem plants, etc...

#6 ·
Cohazard is correct. Whittier is the one I'm familiar with.

I ended up going to A+ and was pretty satisfied with their selection and prices. They don't have any now, apparently they get their product from South Asia and due to the Chinese New Year, things are closed, stopping shipments.

Anyways, I will also check out "Central Park" since Monterey Park is relatively close.

Thanks for your input!

#8 ·
Thanks cohazard...I think I further botched up your mistake lol. I don't plan on going all the way to NYC :)

I did a search on "Central Pet" and it yielded "Pet Central" so I figured it was a simple typo. I'll be dropping by sometime this week. Thanks again for your help cohazard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.