Planted Tank Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Updated the guide:
- 10 gallons is now stated to be the recommended tank size. I assume we can all however agree that the larger volume of water the better.
- Importance of bio-film being established has been addressed in the substrate section along with how long the tank should run before adding livestock
- Test kit components has been addressed
- UGF and brief filter descriptions have been supplied along with guidance on what model to choose
- Snails & Otos have been mentioned under Laws & Recommendations
- Substrates and Remineralizers alternatives have been listed
- Addressed veggie foods and their protein content (using Allen Repashy's post)
- Small list of blanched veggies added in
- Inserted quick blurb that due to nutrient rich substrate, more variety of plants are available to be placed into tank.
- Tops offs and WCs changed to slowly poured instead of dripped unless major evaporation occurred
- Address that this guide may not work for everyone and may have their own techniques on breeding
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
Thanks for the input everyone, I hope I addressed most of the issues and made the guide much better.
Feel free to post any information you feel I am missing out, this article is meant to help everyone out there who is interested in breeding crystal bees (:
Last edited by shrimpzoo; 08-02-2013 at 05:17 PM.